The Corroboree
planthelper

catha edulis seeds 4 sale

hi!

i used to have a few catha edulis trees in my garden, but they are all dead now because my neighbour put's all his storm water onto my propery via pipes. :BANGHEAD2:

but before they died, they produced many seeds, and i offer them now, pending legal status.

i offer you 12 catha edulis seeds for 10aus each, postage included.

larger order's, will be worked out on a individual basis.

just pm me, and we work out the details!

the seeds come from a ph catha which had, red, vw and nl cathas planted out in close vicinety. i have sprouted a few hundred of those seeds and they display an enormous ammount of variation!!! :wub:

with this seed, most plants turn out narrow leaved, but some have broader leaves.

most of those seedlings, turn out to be red narrow leaved, and this was my initial dream when i bred the ph strain.

the variety obviously comes from the open pollination and the heritage of the ph (ph is a nl x vw)!!!

i might add at this point that, i speculate that catha edulis plants are capable of rejecting pollen!!!!

i think, they somehow manage to avoid there own pollen, if other pollen is present.

loosing my plant is traumatic, but i recieved those seeds and this is the circle of life.

i think those seeds are something unique and precious, i don't think that any traditional qat growers ever cultivated so many different cathas at the same space, so new strains were hardly produced...

this means if you want to produce true to type seeds, avoid planting more than one strain!

anyway, i have the feeling that this red narrow leaved catha edulis, might be a very good strain, combinding the qualities of the nl, the red and the vw

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure a lot of hard work and love went into raising them.

PMd

Do you have anymore of your hybrid catha plants thriving

anywhere else? That's a damn shame you lost the ones in your

yard. Those were truly beautiful plants!

hi!

the puplic pc i'm on currently is not working well, sorry for the delay regarding answering your pm's

Edited by planthelper

pm'd cheers :)

two ph x open pollinated seedlings, note the different color and shape of the leaves.post-70-0-96301800-1304034824_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-56025900-1304035116_thumb.jpg

the 2nd pic shows you the seedlings in 3 stages of development, always plant qat seeds with the wing facing up! :)

catha seedlings red & white 40%.JPG

K1CF4A089B_1000042.JPG

catha seedlings red & white 40%.JPG

K1CF4A089B_1000042.JPG

larger pic of ph x open pollinated, the variety of different features is incredible.post-70-0-69225400-1304036483_thumb.jpg

K1CF4A089B_100006840%.JPG

K1CF4A089B_100006840%.JPG

Did you tell your neighbour to keep his own storm water?

pm sent

hi!

i recieved 23 aus into my account, but even with some searching can't find a fitting order/pm for this transfere,

lucky enough the deposite states at least a name so if you are rick p, please send me a pm and we sort it all out, thank you.

hi!

just to let you know, i will send out the first few batches of seeds today!

aswell, i hope to reply to all other, yet un answered pm's today. :rolleyes:

Edited by planthelper

arrived today! cheers Planthelper :lol:

you are wellcomed, lofty! :)

btw, it's getting even in our area quite cold already, so it's probably best to try out only a few seeds, and see if they still germinate, without the help of artifical heat.

those seeds germinate easy and they are ultra fresh, but i think they like warm weather to germ at maximum rates.

for people in viv or nsw i would recommand using bottom heat, at this particular time of the year.

i think i will put down a few more of those seeds today, and find out.

Cheers PH Ive got a heat mat and a propagation dome however I was a little worried about these cold snaps thought it might be wise to put a few away till spring and use a little gibberic if need be only 2mnths or so till things start warming up around my way . dont want to put all my eggs in the one basket.

just lost my post, sab not loading right now it said....

i totaly agree with you, it's just sooo hard to wait for spring to arrive.

but let's not forget catha edulis grows realy well, indoors under fluros. i'v never tried led's or metal halide lamps, but the growth rate under those conditions would have to be astronomical.

always store your seeds in the butter compartement in your fridge, like that they will stay fresh as a daisy, and will not loose there viabilety for a few years.

oversea's traders, your letters have started to arrive now ( takes 7 to 14 days on average), and the first seeds are already on there way to you!

Edited by planthelper

but let's not forget catha edulis grows realy well, indoors under fluros. i'v never tried led's or metal halide lamps, but the growth rate under those conditions would have to be astronomical.

Anymore info on growing under CFL? Wattage, distance from plants, hours..

Anymore info on growing under CFL? Wattage, distance from plants, hours..

i don't know what CFL stands for, but i can say that, i think it's overkill to talk about technical info regarding growing qat under artificial light.

if one would use a high tek setup and use a hydro setup, i'm sure that technical data information would be very handy, but i'v never done this.

qat needs far less light than hemp and less nutes.

i like using fluros as a means of supporting plants over winter, and if my windows let only a little light in.

aswell even just a small fluro setup, will create a warm space (if well insulated) over winter, where you can germinate seeds and strike cuttings.

CFL = compact fluro lights.. the little energy saving ones that go in normal fittings instead of being big long tubes.

I put one of my PHx seedlings and a D. metel seedling under 2x 20w cool white CFLs, hope it goes well.

I had planned on using them for cactus and hadn't really thought about putting leafys under them till you mentioned it.

i have never tried CFL's out for plantgrowing, but i always thought they would work alright, so let us know your experience around this subject, in given time, that is.

but i think, we can put some technical facts from flurecent tubes straight onto compact fluros, and that being, that many different light spectrums are produced by those light sources.

when i started out, it was very hard to get grow light fluros, so i used 2 warm white fluros, in conjunction with 1 cool white fluro, and this balanced the spectrum a bit towards the required spectrums (or is spectra the plural?).

anyway, some of those compacts are extreemly bright, others might have more blue or red light, so i think combinding some of them might be the way, unless there is a cfl which is marketed for plant growing. but even than maybe combinding different lights will give better results.

this makes me remeber, how funny plants behave when exposed to either just more blue light (flowering is decreased) or more red light (flowering maybe increased).

i always wanted to use a very big telescope, and use starlight to grow small samples of plants, imagen a tiny plant grown by sirius (a blue star) or antares (a red star).

those compacts are very easy to install and cheap to run, so there's another advantage for you.

later edit: corrected dislexic mistake!

Edited by planthelper

Just received seeds in the post 

Thanks planthelper

ups, i think dislexia has struck me as often, i think now it's 2 warm white's to 1 cool white.

i said it the other way round in aboves post.