The Corroboree
Just Dean

30th anniversary All Holden Day

I no its not entheo related but there's a cool day coming up next weekend the 2nd August at Hawkesbury river Showground celebrating the annual all Holden day and the HD Holden all holders are welcome to be on display but entrees have now closed unfortanly but there will be over 50car clubs with over 1000 Holden cars on display including my car entrant no 654 in the SS Owners Clubs display so come down and support the Holden cars and have a sausage sizzle and check out some of the finest street register cars in the world ,, kids are free and adults are $5-entree hours are 9am to 3 pm so please come one come all .. Thanks Dean

cool man, ill prolly see you there. i been going to them for years.

i dont have a nice car these days though, only a shitty plastic bumper.

• Like 1

Cool ,, I only got a plastic bumper too HB but it's my pride and joy so it's a VX SS but it's mine and I love it and most guests do as well so plastic or metal a Holden is a Holden to me , but keep a look out for me in this thing

post-14769-0-49815900-1438080963_thumb.j

post-14769-0-49815900-1438080963_thumb.jpg

post-14769-0-49815900-1438080963_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Dean
  • Like 3

Hope that's not your number plate showing Just Dean,, your list of interests could put you in a position if any one is snooping around here

Edit,, nice ride tho

Edited by upside

Nice wheels!

They'd look better on my Ford :P

I was a Holden man back in the days when beer cans were made out of steel, I'm more of an A-B man these days :wink:

After my A9X got stolen twice I gave up on hot Holdens.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

O Sally I also was a ford man argggg feel dirty just sayin the word now " shower time" lol and I toke one ride in a Holden then never looked back , I thought the XD 351 was the bees knees and had power to rival anything on the road but I'll tell you drive a LS1 and there's no comparison I have a stock std LS1 with 256,000 kms on the clock with a cat back exhuast a OTR CAI with a tricked up auto and I get 301hp at the wheels , and the good thing about them is for such a small outlay the performance gained is something you need to feel to believe ,, anyway all come down for a sausage and a look it'll be a bloody good outing And support our club to take out the best club display , vote #1 to keep Holden SS / V8 in Australia ....

I want to psot a pic of my car but for some reason the image and/or link function seems buggered...trying to upload from Photbucket...any tips...it used to work

Are you getting any error messages Mr B ?

It could be a remnant from the recent flash debacle but's that's just a guess. If it uploads from a chrome or midori browser your browser might need updating. A lot of that stuff was disabled for a while with IE & firefox.

@ Dean I built some wicked 351's back in the day. They had enough torque to rip tree stumps out of the ground and could get on top of 350 chevs in a straight line for a while but eventually they all spat out conrods and shit themselves. It cost me many thousands of dollars before I got the message.

When the XD's came out, and people thought the 351's were the shitz, my A9X had it all over them with a tricked up 308.

Mr b caapi press more reply options then attach file then upload then post ....

check out this ride Sallypost-14769-0-06166700-1438172462_thumb.j

post-14769-0-06166700-1438172462_thumb.jpg

post-14769-0-06166700-1438172462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Dean
  • Like 5

That brings back some memories Dean, mine was valencia orange too. Almost a dead ringer for the one in the pic you posted, except for the wheels.

I lost my virginity in that car, in the front seat.

If I still had it, I reckon it would be worth well over 100k today.

They only made a handful of orange a9x hatches (less than 50 I believe) and people go mad over them when they come up for sale in good nick.

This is my ride...love it to bits. 79 HZ Premier.

post-270-0-62458300-1439086009_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 3

I know a few people that are mad on HQ's and HZ's.

Have you seen the pocket comb trick to get into those model cars ?

Huh? no ??

It may not be wise to plaster a lesson on breaking into cars on an open forum. It's a handy trick to know if you own one though, if you ever lock the keys inside etc.

I'll shoot you a PM and fill you in.

Jeez. I'm gunna have to change my lock type now :blink: lol