The Corroboree

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can see some cronenberg influence there !??!?

in 100 hundred years... well maybe less we wont have to mow our lawns cause the grass like stopped growing n that. our cactuseses will be luvin it but!

oh yeah and cuz of the way with that global warming n that. we'll be walking round with retro styled gettoblasters with built in AC. the AC is the predominant function though, cause its just to hot to hear music obiously.

i think we should also expect to see Atlas take a tea break in the next 500 years or so. might be interesting to see what happens to the planet when he takes us of his shoulder.

Node of Asian cultures given our geopolitical position. Civil war between east and west given minerals.

well. that's kind of racist.

i don't want to alarm anyone but recently my dreams have been infiltrated by a colony of time travelling abstractions whose society exists at the end of time, they are trying to use my brain as a doorway into earth so that they can escape before the universe ends so they can keep on living, but they don't realise that their time travel is actually overstuffing the past with too much matter and creating an asymmetrical vortex causing time in their reality to turn backwards and thus, ironically causing their own demise.

• Like 2

actually if you look he is trained to endlessly trace the imperfect contours of infinity

Edited by Seldom
  • Like 1

i should also add that in the not so distant future wales and various other marine life will have nutralized the ocean of all its plastics. as a bonus the excrements will aid coral sentience and coral will have the ability to forsee fuckheads driving eloborate man made machines and retreat appropriatly before consuming such man made machine in a display of "dont fuck with me". it will be colourfull and beutifull.

my spelling is quite something. suggests salvation for life in the universe really.

• Like 1

lol wert sentient psychedelic coral does sound pretty cool

Does anyone remember the show beyond 2000? and feel the constant disappointment it is to be living "beyond 2000" but without all the cool shit from the show!

• Like 1

lol wert sentient psychedelic coral does sound pretty cool

Does anyone remember the show beyond 2000? and feel the constant disappointment it is to be living "beyond 2000" but without all the cool shit from the show!

Perhaps you're misremembering it...

well it was around for 18ish years in one incarnation or another guess im just recalling the more weirder things that hey did mention and i dunno why you choose that boring ep instead of the one with robots shooting lasers or a talking car etc

well it was around for 18ish years in one incarnation or another guess im just recalling the more weirder things that hey did mention and i dunno why you choose that boring ep instead of the one with robots shooting lasers or a talking car etc

I reckon I could be pretty confident in saying that the majority of things they showcased are either widely available or are in the final stages of R&D before consumer release, but are more stylish and have more refined features than were imagined back then. We have phones that have more computing power than PCs did back then that you can make video calls on. Almost everyone has GPS in their car. Our televisions have huge, but thin, screens with high resolution and high refresh rates. The internet is a daily part of life for almost everyone. We have fridges that can order milk when you run out. Driverless cars exist and will be available to the public fairly soon. We have cheap virtual reality systems that are likely to be widely adopted within the next couple of years, as well as rudimentary HUD type augmented reality glasses. Research groups working for the military have bipedal robots that can run and can negotiate rocky terrain...

Don't get me wrong, I loved beyond 2000, and all the tech they showed seemed really cool at the time, but a lot of it looks quaint by comparison today. I remember when they first showed a mobile phone, and it was like a suitcase with a massive battery and a corded handset in it. The thing is that you tend to remember the way it made you feel back then, rather than what the tech they actually showed was like. Another example, I remember when they were saying how in the future we could watch movies that starred dead actors who were computer generated, and they had an example scene with humphrey bogart and lauren bacall (IIRC). It was equivalent to N64 graphics, but at the time it seemed really cool. Now we could actually do that and if it was done well we would not be able to tell it was CG. Just look at Arnie in the most recent terminator, or watch avatar and try to figure out what is real and what is CG.

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

last night i saw on the drum some guy reckons banks will be consulting ones social media profile for credit checks by 2025 or so.

social media profile, for credit checks.

just think about the amount of data that assumes facebook or twitter has access to, and thus all security agencies, and in turn anyone who cares put in some effort to breach facebook's "security". or it doesn't assume facebook has access to wages/bank/credit card/utilities data and merely thinks being "vouched for" by a bunch of strangers is good enough to give loans or credit cards.

either was the implications are chilling.

or maybe he was just talking for the sake of it who knows.

• Like 1

hopefully by then ill have enough friends to qualify for a loan on a one window asbestos shack

something i was contemplating the other day whilst hacking down rogue morning glory was the inevitable decline and eventual total loss of large scale fossil fuel production and usage like how much in terms of world reserves/supply there is and how much estimated time before such reserves are depleted. reading wikipedia which i know isnt the best source

British Petroleum, in its 2007 report, estimated at 2006 end that there were 147 years reserves-to-production ratio based on proven coal reserves worldwide. This figure only includes reserves classified as "proven"; exploration drilling programs by mining companies, particularly in under-explored areas, are continually providing new reserves. In many cases, companies are aware of coal deposits that have not been sufficiently drilled to qualify as "proven". However, some nations haven't updated their information and assume reserves remain at the same levels even with withdrawals. Speculative projections predict that global peak coal production may occur sometime around 2025 at 30 percent above current production, depending on future coal production rates.[108

So Some where around 150-200+ years, was reading that north america has large deposits with estimated projections at 200years. although there is the factor of continual growth within asia india/china with consumption levels rising yearly would no doubt change projections. Interestingly in recent politic rhetoric we were assured coal IS the future of Australia doesnt seem like much of a long lived future. Hopefully our clean energy sector will be up to the task of providing energy for civilization wind, solar, geo thermal, perhaps nuclear too. Remember there was talking of creating "oil" on a science show on sbs although not sure how feasible that would or could be in terms of practicality and energy invested to energy created ratio. I guess i see the energy issue could in time become critical in terms how we advance or fail as a civilization

http://www.futuretimeline.net/ A link i posted in another thread in reply to santiago's trippy future so thought i might as well link here if anyone wants to look the further you go the more sci-fi it gets along the lines of AIs get so advanced they end up taking care of most the day to day work/administration leaving us ample time to hug trees. As time further progresses we can create bio organic cybernetic implants turning man into ubermensch like beings in the eyes humans who choose to remain pure - implant free. what comes next offcourse but immortality! humans finally being able to become fully cybernetic or implant there consciousness within an AI. self replicating Sentient drones lurk the fringes of space using faster then light tech to search the galaxy for resources and life

• Like 1

fact:

beyond 2000 to experiance its full potential should only be viewed through VHS on a CRT monitor.

• Like 3

fact:

beyond 2000 to experiance its full potential should only be viewed through VHS on a CRT monitor.

For the greatest sense nostalgia, you need to stand on a chair holding rabbit ears over your head :lol:

• Like 2

sad thing is i still have a VCR and tapes although not beyond 2000 dammit!

Culture in Decline Tale of two Worlds, a brief look at two possible future outcomes http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/culture-decline-tale-two-worlds/ few others in the series if you like it.

Also there is generally some other interesting/cool doco's on that site well made informative stuff like a few of John Pilger's work etc and some really badly made poorly informed ones too just to be all ying and yang :wink:

There is no future, only the present, always.

• Like 1

so yeah some of my queries have been answered in regards to the longevity of resources although more data is always good. Is interesting that this sort of topic is largely avoided and or pushed to the fringe. So do people think we will see the end of some resources within our lifetimes? if so how should we broach the subject? is it even worth mentioning for debate in the wider community? it seems like somewhat of a taboo to discuss the end of our civilization like it could or would ever happen to us when history has proven otherwise. Many older communities of people would spend sometimes days in debate of what course to steer themselves in order to provide and secure a positive future for there grandchildren and future generations etc, the end im eluding to isn't a definitive end like say for the dinosaurs but perhaps an ideological one where perspectives are altered which would also in time change the face of society.

Feel free to agree, disagree and or post more about sexbots :wink:

I've been listening to (almost) nothing but McKenna, Alan Watts, Leary and foremost R A Wilson, and compiled some nice ideas from my gardening philosophies.

First of all. Fact; it's likely that many of us will live to be over a 100. Even 150. And is it hard to believe that we in 150 years (even 100 years(even 50 years!)) will be able to transfer brains/our minds into, as RAW puts it, silicon and then live forever?

My thoughts are that we soon will start integrating technology with biology; start controlling the physical aspects of our brains and fix any chemical imbalance; we will be able to give ourself chemical enlightenments. And on top of this we are all bound into a collective consciousness (internet). And when this has happened we’ll transcend all the human drama (wars, mortal fear, materialism, power trips, one-upmanship, religion, need for money etc; the four first circuits) and the acceleration of intelligence will be put in a higher gear, go into light speed. And if we would also shed our bodies we would be able to use the brain power currently focused on our physiological aspects and senses, on creativity etc instead(I have another theory that ketamin can produce such crystal clear pictures taken from memories, and vivid hallucinations etc, due to the absolute lack of physical awareness. Shulgin also talks about something similar as I understand it. I leave it at that for now). So anyway after a while we, the enlightened immortal brain-beings, find out how to harvest energy from (seemingly) static materia, and then we immigrate into space and transcend time and space; now we’re a race of enlightened immortal space-brain-nomads! I believe this could very well happen within 100 years, but as we’re still bound to the chauvinist patriarchal power trip of unconscious human drama, still caught in the web of maya, who knows how long it will take. But as we have the possibility to have all of our basic needs covered (we’re of the first generations in human history who doesn’t necessarily have to focus on these things), on a world wide scale, the need for this survival of the fittest type of mentality is obsolete, and new more conscious cultures will follow; our right brains will finally be let loose. All the pieces are already here, it’s just a matter of getting over ourselves and the ways of the old world so that we can stop having such a shitty trip, enjoy the rid and realize that this is pretty fucking awesome.

I think the whole thought that it all stops with us, the expression of the universe, seems like this global human narcissistic cynic know-it-all nihilistic stubborn hubris, and a hell of a bummer. The Universe seems to me to move in this fractal pattern, and as the big bang made light and then stars and planets and then earth and then nature and then seed transporting beings and then humans we somehow imagine it stops here? That doesn’t seem very likely does it?

Sorry to have ruined the suprise, and yes I am a dreamer but also (hopefully) a self-fulfilling prophet, and I think everything is going to be fine, and the best is yet to come. We’re just about to come out the womb baby.