The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devance

Study shows pot OK.

An analysis of research studies with long-term, recreational users of marijuana has failed to reveal a substantial, systematic effect on the neurocognitive functioning of users. According to researchers at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine, the only deleterious side effect found was a minimal malfunction in the domains of learning and forgetting.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/...30630112652.htm

Makes sense to me...

I've been claiming this for the last 30 years...

and I'm living proof... or am I?

Personally I reckon that appropriate consumption of drugs can be beneficial to society, but we're not going to get any studies done on that now are we?

Dunno how many ppl I've spoken to have had positive life changing experiences as a result of consumption of augmenting substances some of which are gazetted as illicit, but it's a few... and the spinoffs- such as here- how many of us have been able to develop and extend interests in fields such as botany, neurochemistry, anthropology and music as a result of a collective interest in altered states

And we won't even mention that without mind altering drugs Western society would no longer function as it does ( which may not be a bad thing... ) Imagine, for example, what would happen to major financial markets by 11am if worldwide stocks of coffee were to mysteriously disappear. Oops, forgot, coffee isn't considered a 'drug', it's a socially acceptable beverage whose stimulant properties are regarded as minor and unlikely to result in a deleterious functional state

An attempt to look at all mind altering factors in relation to wider society with any degree of objectivity would, I suspect, look rather bizarre. But I'd love to see it

If it wasnt for kava,shrooms,14b and the odd "E" every known and then. I dont think I would have made it through a few life changing events in recent times. I'am 100% shore if it wasnt for these substances I would be either addicted to anti-depressents or worse still I would have throwing in the towel.

Besides all the revelations and positive life changes...... recreation ranks HIGH for me too. :D