The Corroboree
Telestai

Huachuma - San Pedro Issue

Hi all,

I took 6 cuttings and one has developed an issue that I need help with to see if I should cut it out or get rid of the cutting. The cutting has taken root and been in the pot about 3 months. The other 5 look fine and show no issues.

This is my 1st experience with this plant so I am in a new area here.

If anybody knows what this might be I would appreciate it greatly

san_Pedro_1.jpg

san Pedro 2.jpg

san_Pedro_1.thumb.jpg.8c911d7843f3d58fc86cb554c71c4b7a.jpg

779781765_sanPedro2.thumb.jpg.ec00a738671dc34905d76bf3d70b8220.jpg

san_Pedro_1.thumb.jpg.8c911d7843f3d58fc86cb554c71c4b7a.jpg

779781765_sanPedro2.thumb.jpg.ec00a738671dc34905d76bf3d70b8220.jpg

Almost certainly chemical burns. Did you use fertilizer, pesticides, oil, alcohol or anything similar on this plant? I´ve only seen this damage from Chemicals and mostly from oils and Neem.

1 hour ago, Evil Genius said:

Almost certainly chemical burns. Did you use fertilizer, pesticides, oil, alcohol or anything similar on this plant? I´ve only seen this damage from Chemicals and mostly from oils and Neem.

Thanks for the reply Mr Evil :) Love the name. 

I haven't used any chemicals on my property at all as I have a quite large wild food and vegetable/fruit garden etc all grown naturally.

Just wondering though after your comment, I do use bore water for my sprinkler system and my san pedro may get a bit of over spray from that (its high in Iron from the look of the stains it leaves on my hothouse plastic) and it  could be that for some reason it has only affected this one plant.

Would if be ok for me to cut the affected area out as it dosen't seem that deep or would that expose the inner tissue to infection?

On 10/01/2019 at 6:53 PM, johnw7000 said:

Thanks for the reply Mr Evil

As easily as it could be Mr Evil, so too could it be Mr Genius....

If i know EG, you'll probably score more points referring to him as Mr Genius rather than  Mr Evil....:wink:

but yeah, chemical burn although in some circles of thought it could be a severe calcium/ magnesium  deficiency...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/01/2019 at 2:17 PM, zelly said:

As easily as it could be Mr Evil, so too could it be Mr Genius....

If i know EG, you'll probably score more points referring to him as Mr Genius rather than  Mr Evil....:wink:

but yeah, chemical burn although in some circles of thought it could be a severe calcium/ magnesium  deficiency...

Thanks heaps Zelly ..................oh and Mr Genius (wink wink)

I gave him some diluted Epsom salts and worm juice and he has pushed through with glorious results. It has since cleared up and just left a dry scar which isn't to bad and grown about 4 or 5 inches. I've attached a picture, the one on the left is the Huachuma in question and as you can see its taller than the other 4 further to the right playing with Strawberries, Bay Trees and Dogbane ...........................they're all rather social characters and fitting in very nicely. They we're all taken as cutting about 5 months ago.

Much appreciated for the advice as I'm new to the Huachuma and any advice is great.

Apologies for the late reply, I've been excited in the garden as usual and forgot that us humans seems to run via a thing called a clock (chortle)

I'm off to Peru and the Sacred Valley in a few weeks so I'll have my first ceremony with Huachuma (and Ayahausca) so I'll chat to them over there about preperation before I go ahead with my own ceremony here.

I certainly don't take any of this lightly and see it as a great opportunity to 'engage' so to speak with the 'real' world.

Thanks again for both of your helping suggestions.

John

Huachuma_in_Strawberry_Bliss.jpg

Huachuma_in_Strawberry_Bliss.thumb.jpg.db5acbcb6f8677339eb6308baed86937.jpg

Huachuma_in_Strawberry_Bliss.thumb.jpg.db5acbcb6f8677339eb6308baed86937.jpg