The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
smi2le

Dried San Pedro and Peyote being sold on ebay in Australia

Recently I've noticed dried San Pedro for sale from a local Australian source on Ebay Australia.

The same seller was also listing dried Peyote.

I'm not sure if its appropriate to post links to ebay so I will not post a link.

Its possible to find these listings via advanced search in ebay.

I think this is really bad and may result in the banning of trichocereus cultivation in parts of Australia.

I sent the seller a message to this effect and suggested that I would "report item" if the sales continued.

It seems to have done the trick for now.

If this happens again and the seller can not be reasoned with via an ebay message ... do you think I should report this to ebay or would this do more damage overall in terms of altering the authorities and causing a ban?

I collect Trichocereus and Button Cactus ... grow from them from seed and use them as grafting stocks ... I think that sale of these cacti that is targeted toward consumption is not in our interest as cactus lovers.

I think any members of this forum who are purchasing dried San Pedro from Australian sellers ought to be ashamed of themselves and I think if you know anyone who is purchasing from these sources you should publicly shame them in this forum and anywhere else that is appropriate !!! If you by any chance know who the seller is then ask them to stop and if they will not then expose them in this forum.

Yeah well it's a capitalist world.

Fortunately selling plant extracts on ebay is frowned upon and has a snowball in hell chance of remaining up for long. Probably taken down and account banned already.

I don't really feel inclined to make any moral judgements on others though for this behaviour. Nor do I agree with the public shaming bit... let facebook do that. Outrage is their speciality.

Edited by Northerner
  • Like 2

Mate I get what your saying. There's no doubt greedy vendors have already contributed to the banning of so many plants. I think the real problem though is the attention it brings. Naming and shaming or worse, reporting is a good way to fast track that attention. It's all about discretion.