The Corroboree
enohpi-zeekim

Sida Rhombifolia, Sida Codifolia Please if anyone has? Plants or seeds.

If anyone has any Sida Rhombi & Cordifolia I would be grateful. Postage Paid. Been spending a fortune on fuel travelling to all the spots on the species locator but no joy. Unless anyone knows of a definitive spot here on GoldCoast where they grow. :BANGHEAD2: Getting nowhere with my huntingTHANK :worship: U >..........It's my first go at seed or plant exchangee so Bear with me if i need help with PM info.

It might be easier for you to get verified seeds from the SAB store and herbalistics. Its sometimes hard to know if your picking the right wild species.

It should be easy to source S. rhombifolia around the Goldy - such a ubiquitous weed of pastures, unloved garden spaces, roadsides, footpaths and other such fringes. It is quite recognisable..

• Like 1

Dude, Rhombifolia is a major weed on the Gold Coast, I am amazed that you would have trouble finding it.
Cordifolia is also weedy around here but no where near as much as the former.

I found heaps of Cordi growing out of the cracks in the footpaths around Windsor, Bris last time I was in town.

I usually see rhombifolia growing as a weed in 75% of all gardens I visit, about the same for paddocks etc.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

Yeah I know it's supposed to be everywhere and I've found tons of plants that should be them from a distance, but yielding wrong flowers. Maybe they aren't flowering at the moment which makes it hard for me to know from leaf and plant structure. Anyone who could help in the areas I would be grateful. I have a couple E. Sinica's I can give away to the right person willing to help locate the species to further my study. Makes it hard coming to Australia and not knowing the species like I do back home, or where they grow.

:wink: Thanks for the tip on the SAB, They were out last time I checked I think,so I GOT SOME THANKS. Finally get rid of the E. Sinica that took so long to grow, and try the Rhombi, will be a good addition to the medicine garden if it is as useful as they say!

deleted post - sorry, worried about people damaging/killing native plants using the info I posted.

Edited by Leaves

No worries I can understand that u never know who reads the info we share. I'm getting a plant from SAB and then I'll have a reference. Once I have seen one for certain I'm sure they will be around every corner.

Cordifolia is cleaner and more stimulating with more of one alkaloid than the other, I think it also has less or no glycosides etc.
Rhombifolia is more spacey and, has more of a mix of alkaloids and has the bigger load of glycosides etc.

I can take some photos of of rhombi's next time Im out and post them if you would like. I think I saw some up the street the other day.

Thanks for that I have plenty of pics for reference but I must be missing something .sounds like I should be looking at the cord.