The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jox

PM, Notification, Posting problems

I have had a few problems with features not work for me at this site, does anyone know what might be going on?

About a week ago I had could not open my messages, look at my notifications, use the little down arrow that shows you the first & last post & I could not post, this lasted for about 24hrs then everything went back to normal.

This Saturday morning just gone the same thing has happened & this time I can not get into my profile either, this is still going on & this is the first time since then I have been able to post BUT I still can not get into my messages, notifications, my profile or look at first or last posts. It is very frustrating as I was in the process of talking to a few members, working out trades via PM's on Friday & can't read there responses or reply. If any of those members read this please know that I am sorry & will get back to you as soon as I get this sorted.

Cheers

Jox

Have you tried clearing your cookies ?

Save all your bookmarks/history first, then clear your cookies and see how it goes.

Thanks SallyD, I honestly have know idea how to do any of those things you said to try. I don't know sweet FA about computers & the only thing I have ever done with this shitty old laptop I was given is look at shit on ebay, look up information on google & use it to come here & one other overseas cactus forum & save photos from my photo to the computer.

I just figured it was a problem this site might be have based on everything else I do on the computer still works fine, including the other forum & the fact that it fixed itself last week with out me doing everything to my computer & now I seem to be able to post again with out doing anything but the other things are still not working. Really I do not have a clue & if some one can explain to in VERY SIMPLY what SallyD was saying please do.

Cheers

Jox

Also another problem I just noticed, If I try to send a reply to this topic under the posts & press post nothing happens? I have to go to the more reply options & even there things don't work like the smiley icon....

Hey SallyD, thanks for your replies.

I use Mozilla firefox, I will try & work out today how to clean up my computer. This morning it looks like I can use reply to this topic with out a drama?? No I still have to go to more options to add reply!!!

Cheers

Jox

Just get Jetclean. download for free, install, then click run/repair, all done. www,majorgeeks.com has everything you need.

Edited by Leaves

You could try what leaves suggested, I'd try to clear my cookies first though.

Go to History > Show all history > Backup and Restore and save your history/bookmarks

Then go to History > Clear recent history and select cookies, cache, site preferences and then clear them

On older versions of firefox (some of which are not compatible with the new forum software) go to Edit > Preferences> Privacy > Clear recent history or remove individual cookies if you just want to clear cookies for this site.

If your browser doesn't have a menu bar at the top to get to those options press ctrl & F12 at the same time and they should come up.

Thought u were a bit quiet haha hope u get it sorted mate.

Thank you guys,

well I did everything you said, I cleaned the hard drive & files on my computer (which took about 3 hours), then I finally worked out how to find the cookies/cache etc (Thanks for the easy to understand run down SallyD, I would have never worked it out) & cleared them but to my horror it didn't change a thing & because I don't normally log out signing in was not a problem for the last few days as I was already signed in but after I cleared everything it now did not let me sign in as well! I tried signing in on my phone & everything works fine & now like 20 minutes ago I can use my computer again & everything is working like normal. I am very confused & happy at the same time, confused because I don't know if what you guys told me to do helped & it just took my computer the day to realize its feeling better but it must of needed a clean because it took for ever to clean itself & happy because what ever was going on has stopped & I can be back here with you great people.

Cheers

Jox

That does seem strange, did you get any error messages when you had problems signing in ?

It's good to know it's all working for you though.

Hi Guys, having some sign in...log out problems myself. I always log out after visiting the site but when I visit again I find I am still logged in. Other times when it has signed me out, it won't let me log in until I also type in my password (it has always been in 'remember me ' mode). Ah well, no biggy because it's no hassle to correct.

Computers and websites are not infallible.

Edited by Weirdo

Alright THANK YOU again to everyone the helped me sort through this drama. After cleaning up my computer & clearing cookies, cache's etc things were working a bit better but I was still having problems. T suggested making sure I had the lastest version of firefox so I upgaded to firefox 24 but to my horror after doing this I have not been able to sign in for a few days, I spent last night reading up on mozilla firefox decided to reset/resort to factory settings & I can happliy report that this has fixed up every drama I was having. This was oviously a problem that was happening due to my computer & not this site but you fine people helped me work through it & I am very greatful. I am looking forward to posting some photos of some of my flowering cacti in the next few days.

Cheers

Jox

• Like 1