The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

An awesome video uniting quantum mechanics , all religions, astrology and psychedelic drugs

found this on the net, in greek

music editing & translation by me and some friends

• Like 1

I have met people similar to this guy before and i often feel like that have learnt so much that they are almost in-capable of communicating their wisdom to others. Their minds race from one subject to the next, naturally because they have learnt to see the connections between seemingly disconnected ideas.

You see how jittery and anxious he was, sometimes bordering on overtly angry. My dad gets like this too and you can really feel their frustration and dissatisfaction when they see you aren't quite 'getting it' like they expected you should be able to.

I suppose it isn't his fault, and he shouldn't have to 'dumb himself down' to make sense to others, but this sort of obsessive learning could be extremely isolating.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 2

typical of hypermania. Have you ever tried to read one of Hoftstader's works? He's a bit the same...

• Like 1

Hofstader (Douglas I presume) is not difficult to follow - as long as you make sure to understand everything before continuing. Most people in my experience read much faster than they can understand, and when reading non-fiction - this habit will cause utter confusion. When reading some non-fictions, it will take me hours to read 2 pages (maths textbooks for example). I would wager this is where your particular confusion with the Hof comes from Thelema - as I know you're a smart person, but maybe not with as much patience as smarts. :P

thanks for comments

actually I was not aiming for a diagnosis , lol

the original video came as "crazy dude .... lalala"

and I hated it

ok yeah this guys is clearly having lots of issues BUT he is having a full on opening up in this video

what thrills me is some of the themes touched though

that is some ideas

fe.

astrology as cosmic rays that modify in some way the DNA clusters at the time of birth

the unity of religions / religious spritituallity

the nature of god / anarchy / chaos / ... againa nature

this guy, in some moments, speaks of some ideas like I would have never thought of them to be

in any case

if you let alone the crazy ideas all around

yeah

this hyper-manic dude, manages to expess some ideas about wholeness, god, religion and the like in a very definite way.

I am very tuned in the idea crazy people [like bio polar/ schizos/ psychotics and not neurotics] might carry some information we might not getting. Our cultures and societies are certainly not tuned in this kind of thought.

Shamanistic and primate societies do though...

I was kind of thinking

homosexuality is something nature has preserved and seemingly valued.

"psychosis" and related "illness" also seem like this IMO - trick is that over-violent dudes have to be excluded

what I wanna say is that roles and stereotypes about crazy folks have to be challenged

and I am speaking from my 3rd wold country

where every-fucking thing - is

40 years late

cheers

Hofstader is hypermanic. That is plain...

I am very tuned in the idea crazy people [like bio polar/ schizos/ psychotics and not neurotics] might carry some information we might not getting.

Our cultures and societies are certainly not tuned in this kind of thought

what I wanna say is that roles and stereotypes about crazy folks have to be challenged

cheers

Yeah for sure, he's definitely accessing and processing large amounts of info that your standard person wouldn't/couldn't, although i found from this video alone, he wasnt really making obvious connections, to me he was just having a rant and listing ideas, because he could tell the guys in the video were not trying to understand him, they were just getting their kicks by filming a "crazy guy".

(i'm putting crazy in quotation marks here cause i dont think he's really that crazy or that theres anything fundamentally wrong with him, he's just learnt so much more than your standard human and as result his brain functions very differently)

i definitely agree with you that the stereotypes of 'crazy people' have to be challenged, but at the same time, shouldn't we be challenging the stereotypes that all "normal" people have to be simple, unadventurous and intellectually bland?

I think in order for society at large to become for respectful and understanding of "crazies" (i hate using this word now) we need to change the sort of ideas that are socially acceptable.

When general society comes to understand the importance of spirituality, astrology, religious flexibility, connectedness and personal power THEN people will click and realise that the guy talking to himself in a bus shelter may just have as much wisdom as a bhuddah, because his life has forced him to search for deeper meaning.

But there is also a danger, i think, in opening up too much, once your brain can accept all things, you probably can't 'turn off' beliefs aren't helping you, and living day to day life could be seriously impeded by a brain that thinks too much.

This issue does personally tug at my heart strings because my dad is very much fitting with the archetype (dishevelled, angry genius?) this greek guy is living. I dont't know the words to describe how terrible i feel about the social segregation that is pushed upon these kinds of people and i know that part of this obsessive streak comes through in me, i'm just much more reserved in that i can't bring myself to rant to people who don't appreciate the value of what i'm saying.

Our cultures and societies NEED to be tuned into diverse thoughtforms, cause we can all tell by now that the way society at large is thinking, is not serving any of us.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 1