The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
endorfinder

Plant drive after east coast wrecks

It seems quite a few members have recently lost much of their gardens to the weather along the east coast.

I'd like to organise a plant drive. We need both the weather struck and donors to volunteer. PM me and post here if you like to show your support or request a revival.

One plant per donor hooked up with one recipient, first come first served. I will do it based on username so no personal info will go through me.

Thoughts? I'll put up a baby nexus, PM me and I'll make a list :)

EDIT: I will coordinate seeds centrally myself and distribute them in a few weeks once we've gathered a decent stock. If you have seed to offer please PM me to get my postal address, cheers. All plant trades will be one-to-one with users. I'll record everything down here offered as part of the drive, so please post again if you are no longer able to gift something!

cheers and thanks guys :)

Edited by endorfinder
  • Like 1

I've got a couple of small T. Scopulicola seedlings I can forward on. Got some random seed I can donate too, I'll go through them and see what I have in a bit.

• Like 1

I'll donate some seed :)

I will find out what i have the evening and send you a PM later Endorfinder.

• Like 1

This is a nice idea,i havebeen wiped out twice before, the last time i lost everything but a few cacti, which didnt leave much to wipe out this time. I sort of gave up collecting and to anextdnt my interest in my garden. Even my caapi died. I dont want anything, i want to first build my drive and ambition before i start my ethno garden again.

Having said that, i do have a bag of ten gourd seed fresh this year to add your colllection effort.

I can start collecting seed as soon as people are ready, and give it to better established members in SEQ/NNSW to distribute from there, although I haven't approached anyone yet. PM me for my address, anything is appreciated, thanks in_spirit :)

Seeds will be a lot easier to collect and distribute, and I can donate a decent quantity myself... live plants are obviously more work but still most welcome of course!

Cool idea. I got some cacti seeds i can help with.

i have seeds and cactus cuts (not heaps of these a few 5 or so), if anyone wants

Bump.

I'll put an Anadenanthera colubrina live plant up as well, plus various acacia and nicotinia species. I've received a couple of very generous offers from other members by PM.

cheers guys :)