The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Adrian G passed way - Earthpod

Very sad indeed... May he rest in peace.

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/obituaries/heraldsun-au/obituary.aspx?n=adrian-joseph-glaister&pid=153749873

GLAISTER. - Adrian Joseph. Taken suddenly on Tuesday Sept. 20, 2011 - aged 28 years Loved and loving son of Alena and Rodney. Much loved brother of Robin. Forever in our Hearts Please see later paper for Funeral details

Adrian Joseph Glaister - funeral info

http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/obituaries/heraldsun-au/obituary.aspx?n=adrian-joseph-glaister&pid=153769917

GLAISTER. - Funerals Prayers will be offered for the life of Adrian Joseph Glaister, of Sherbrooke, on THURSDAY (Sept. 29, 2011) at 11 a.m. in St Thomas More Catholic Church, 17 Terrys Ave, Belgrave, followed by light refreshments then burial in the Emerald /Macclesfield Cemetery at approx 1 p.m. If desired, in lieu of flowers donations may be made in memory of Adrian to a preferred Charity. Envelopes will be available at the Church.

No,no,no,not another old member gone.I never met Adrian in person but I did trade with him

some years ago.I still have some of the cacti I got from him,always seemed like a nice guy.

R.I.P. Adrian.

Andrew.

I never met Adrian but Earthpod was pretty big back in 2001ish or so if I remember. I didnt realise he lived nearby me nowdays. Shit news, never good to hear another member has passed on.

If you are in melb please feel free to come to the plant meet this sunday in his honer.

No better place to meet fellow plant head and catch up with people.

This community has lost at lest 4 member that i know of in just over one year, strange times.

the planting must go on :)

rip Adrian, only met you once but it was good talking to you.

Can't help but find this picture appropriate..

148737_10150114309372837_713597836_7661384_6049673_n.jpg

i dont know why but thats such a amazing picture :)

i can tell from this feeling within me this was a top bloke i missed out on the chance of ever knowing.

His eyes look kind but down deeper you can see that he himself is not truly happy?

I didn't know him, just a guess.

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

"ega just wont be the same without you mate!"

His green tinted smile shall always have a special place in my heart. His salad cactus shall always hold a special place in my collection.

Sorry to those who have loved & lost.

Just a teenager when I first heard of Adrian, lucky enough to meet him at the first RSF I went to. Spent a good portion of it at the Earthpod stall shooting the breeze with such a beautiful soul. His generosity was beyond belief. Stayed in touch for at least a few years and lost contact when I left the state. I trust wherever he is that he has finally attained peace. Many stories of adventures we had come to mind however they are probably best left to the imagination.

P.S Couldn't make it to the meet today due to distance and having to attend another funeral :(

just want to say thanks again for all the support at the funeral and the lovely plant meet on Sunday, it was also really great to see interstaters on the thursday especially given the tricky travel conditions, sure brightened a difficult occasion, I got a bit carried away with normal plant talk on Sunday but at the same time was nice to chat to Adrians dad, just a bit embarrassed i didn't introduce myself to his mum when i had the chance, though i'm sure she understood and we shared the odd smile.

I can really understand Adrians passions from learning more about his family, his folks certainly created a lovely person and would have been hard to not have an interest in the natural world given his constant surroundings.

Big appreciation to Ronny and J for always getting things organised and moving! (sorry for leaving a bit early and not helping with the cleanup!!!)

Still hard to believe this is all still reality though, kinda expect a late arrival in the gardens, you'll always be missed fella.

Edited by gerbil