The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Qhorakuna tantani

Advice

Just wondering what you peoples think about whether this needs staking or not. Its leaning quite a bit, but it has always seemed to have somewhat of a weeping form. I think all the foilage is on one side because it got pretty windy through winter lol Just wondering if it will need a big stake, or whether over time it won't really matter if it has a bit of a lean or some twists :)

Once again sorry for the shitty phone camera blur The picture is taken downwards a little bit, and the tree curves backwards somewhat as well. At first I thought it could be the extra hot weather, but I watered it heaps plus, as I said, its always been somewhat weeping :)

post-747-1257853236_thumb.jpg

it will end up bushy if you let it lean. if you want a neat tree then stake.

Hrm... Do you know if it would be worth letting this WA species of acuminata getting nice and busy, or letting it grow tall and trunky? Either way the weeping pattern is quite nice really.

Edited by Qhorakuna tantani

Acacia Acuminata...I have 2 that look exactly like yours, they are tall skinny and fast growing, both of mine are staked and tied off at the top, if I don't they simply fall down to the ground.....very strange the way these buggers grow.