The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Maurice

SUGAR on wound heals it faster

Yeah, osmotic pressure and all that, used to be used a lot in the WW's and Vietnam I believe, they also used SuperGlue in the latter in fact I think that was why it was originally made.

(haven't read the link, so dont know if this has been mentioned.)

Edited by AndyAmine.

Bandages soaked in wine and honey were the accepted treatment for serious wounds for thousands of years.

ed

Im sorry sugar has not been approved for theraputic use by the FDA/TGA. You are required to run a 10 million $ trial and approach us for approval before you can use this new drug in a clinical setting :bootyshake::wave-finger::ana:

Seriously though, I know of KI tablets that had to be withdrawn because they did not have approval from the FDA to be used for thyroid protection. They are used to saturate the thyroid to prevent radioactive iodine from being taken up. In case of a nuclear accident where radioactive isotopes of iodine will be in the atmosphere.

I believe the tablets were identical to other brands available nut they did not hav approval to make any theraputic claims.

My salt is better than your salt :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks, quite interesting, will give it a shot next injury :lol:

(Seriously though, I know of KI tablets that had to be withdrawn ) KI = Potassium Idione? Aloe Vera gel is good for wounds as well. I have used it to treat sores on my hand with good success.

Theres many antimicrobial mushrooms, it'd be interesting to figure out a good staph combating one to make reduced honey paste out of for the medicine cabinet, like sulfur shelf fungus or something. Decoct mushroom, add honey or sugar, reduce to paste, bobs your uncle :P

Its already on my do-someday list :wink: