The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
friendly

Pyro Lago

At 7 am this morning I smoked some of what was undoubtedly Lagochilus inebrians.

Now, at almost 2 pm I am still quite pleasantly intoxicated.

I would have to compare it favorably--very favorably--with ganga when smoked.

The intoxication is similarly euphoric and world-view altering.

I haven't felt this good in months.

Good, glad someone else is trying this stuff out. Unfortunatly i put all mine in some tea/chai and didnt get any effect's at all. Please tell us more.

Lagochilus Inebrians

L.I..jpg

Lago Chai

LagoChai.jpg

Peace

Slarty

Hi Slarty: I received a sample of the product you have shown above and immediately determined it to be a member of the compositae as opposed to the mint family, of which Lagochilus inebrians is a member.

Further investigation revealed it to be a species of chamomile.

Look closely at the photos; it's chamomile.

What I have is the real thing.

(rubs his hands together gleefully while artificial lightning bolts flash in the background illuminating a mad scientist's lab and punctuating a maniacal laugh that rises in pitch...)

Alive!! it's alive!! Bwah Ha ha ha!!!! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Screen goes blank....

friendly:

What I have is the real thing.

If yer sure, and it feels good, then I must congratulate you! What a wonderful feeling, to successfully bioassay something sought by so many and surrounded by so much rumour :D

You gunna write it up as a report?

High Friendly,

Even though plant id isn't my forte i do feel a little stupid after you now point out what it obviously is. As it was a free sample from a highly reputable ethnobot co. i didn't think twice that it might be anything other than Lago but i was suspicious as it had no aroma.

If you have indeed found a source of the true Lagochilus Inebrians, i wholeheartedly congratulate you and will be in touch :) Well done.

Peace

Slarty

I have been disappointed many times by spurious L. inebrains specimens, but this seems to be the real thing.

It fits--as I recall it--the description in "Plants of the Gods" and the drawing that accompanies it.

I need to find a definitive taxonomical description of the plant, but it is definitely a member of the mint family as indicated by it's square stems and alternate/opposed foliage.

That and the effects are so wonderful that if it ISN'T L. inebrians it is still something that deserves definitive identification and further distribution to afficianados of the new and exotic in herbals.

The mint family contains more medicinal plants than any other vascular plant family.

It's definitely a mint.

I can't wait to get enough to extract...

(In the background the tesla coil shorts out and the Jacob's ladder explodes in a shower of sparks.

In the distance wolves can be heard plaintively howling and a mob of angry villagers with torches and pitchforks approaches the shuttered gates of Castle Friendly with unconcealed ill intent).

I just went to the www.erowid.org lagochilus inebrians photograph.

It is undoubtedly the real thing.

I had reservations at first due to the spines on leaf and stem, but these are clearly visible in the photo.

(The gates to Castle Friendly have been broken to splinters by logs utilized as battering rams in the hands of the angry mob. All my retainers have fled in fear of their lives, a reasonable assumption given the torches and gasoline carried by the multitudes.

Even my faithful hunchback, Yougor, has fled in terror, taking with him his collection of wax personages lest they melt in the all-consuming flames.

I have but one chance to escape to the river where a vessel awaits to secret me away to safety in another land where my reputation has not preceeded me. Alas, that it should all come to this. Again.)

I shall file a report on the effects as soon as I try it a few more times.

omtao,

friendly

[ 01. May 2004, 11:27: Message edited by: friendly ]

And please remember that many species of Lagochilus contain these terpenes and any species would be worth cultivating. I doubt the peoples of Central Asia only used the one species when there are so many there.

So friendly, have you asked your Chinese suppliers about 'da chi tu chun hua', 'ka shi tu chun hua', 'kuo ci tu chun hua', 'da hua tu chun hua', 'xin jiang tu chun hua', 'er ci ye tu chun hua', 'dong qing ye tu chun hua', 'mao jie tu chun hua', 'a er tai tu chun hua', 'rui ci tu chun hua', 'ying mao tu chun hua' or, I suppose, plain 'tu chun hua'? Hare (Rabbit) Lip Flower?

Do you need a key to identify the genus:

http://flora.huh.harvard.edu:8080/flora/br...=10476&key_no=4

or the species:

http://flora.huh.harvard.edu/china/mss/vol...e.published.pdf

http://flora.huh.harvard.edu:8080/flora/br...117497&key_no=1 both for China (Xinjiang)

Further experimentation with L. inebriens combined with C. sattiva and pyrolized yielded results that bordered on the psychedelic/hallucinogenic, much stronger than could be expected from just C. sattiva.

Everything had a 'glow' to it, like the life force.

Colors, textures and patterns were noticably enhanced and music sounded much better than normal. Those participating agreed; it was like the early stages of low-dose silliness.

One cigarette wasn't quite enough; two should hopefully push it over the edge. One was very nice, though.

Larger doses should also be more interesting. The amount of material I now have on hand limits my experimentation to small quantities.

I combined the two herbs to see if there was synergy and also because smoking is the most efficient way to use many plant materials if you have limited quantities or want to determine effects without using a larger dose.

However, I should have several kilos in a few weeks and will begin trying larger doses and performing (an) extraction(s) immediately upon their arrival.

I do have a vaporizer, but haven't gotten around to trying it that way yet.

Likewise the 25 grams of herb material to 1 liter of water, steeped as tea for a long while and consumed by one person at one sitting. (ohboy)

But these will be accomplished soon; as soon as I get the large amount I am expecting.

(The small boat by the river has safely spirited me away to another shore, where I must begin anew.

First, a suitable dwelling must be located and assistants recruited that the work may begin again, like the Phoenix rising from it's ashes to fly once more. Soon they will live to regret my mistreatment, when my creations once again control their lives and minds. Bwahahahaha.

Scuttles off into the darkness with a chitinous clicking sound...)

theobromos:

And please remember that many species of Lagochilus contain these terpenes and any species would be worth cultivating. I doubt the peoples of Central Asia only used the one species when there are so many there.

So friendly, have you asked your Chinese suppliers about 'da chi tu chun hua', 'ka shi tu chun hua', 'kuo ci tu chun hua', 'da hua tu chun hua', 'xin jiang tu chun hua', 'er ci ye tu chun hua', 'dong qing ye tu chun hua', 'mao jie tu chun hua', 'a er tai tu chun hua', 'rui ci tu chun hua', 'ying mao tu chun hua' or, I suppose, plain 'tu chun hua'? Hare (Rabbit) Lip Flower?

I have found pin yin to be of very little use communicating with chinese people as they dont hold nearly as much value as true characters (charcters stay the same across dialects while pin yin changes)

can you upload a scan of any characters?

Yesterday I gave an assistant one hit off a lago joint.

She said today that it was very much like cannabis but put her more out of her body than cannabis and she was stoned all day.

Less foggy, less body load, but similar she says.

"It could have passed for a fairly clean pot high"

to quote her.

My translation of Rabbit Lip Flower is the most probable for the plant, in the same order as tu chun hua. Easy enough to find in a Chinese dictionary. I could guess some other words (ye may be leaf, some are probably place names) but I am very likely to be wrong.

In my computer the characters on http://flora.huh.harvard.edu/china/PDF/PDF.../lagochilus.pdf come out as random symbols, but if you have the right fonts I suppose it will appear in pictographs.

L. xinjiangensis, xin jiang tu chun hua, I would guess is from the Xin Jiang region of the Chinese Depublic.

Has anyone tried Moluccella, which appears to be closely related and has no chemical research in its terpenes?

Guest electro

edit ... rated as "use google" .. lol

[ 28. May 2004, 10:59: Message edited by: electro ]

Hmmm. I just ordered seed for Bells of Ireland (common name of M. laevis) the other day and it should be here sometime next week.

Coincidence? Or something greater at work? (Ehh: coincidence).

I plan on putting in a patch in the herb garden as soon as the seed arrives.

I will keep everyone updated on any progress.

Meanwhile, in the lab the Lago extraction (250g herb, 2250ml 95% etoh) in progress is bubbling merrily...

(The hair on my palms is getting longer; the moon waxes)

[ 28. May 2004, 06:18: Message edited by: friendly ]

This subject was recently discussed at EDOT, and some people there were claiming no effect from smoked L. i.

http://www.entheogen.com/forum/non-cgi/ult...0408;p=1#000005

Note: I don't know if you have to log in to view the messages, so the relevent bits:

Original post:

quote:

Does anyone have any advise on the preperation of this herb? My first trial consisted of about 4.5 grams boiled 3 times and drank and i felt nothing other than a little queezy and became very clamy. After an hour and a half there was still barely any effects other than being sweaty so i had a few beers and went to sleep a couple hours later. Was my dosage off? I couldn't imagine drinking anymore of this foul beverage if it's this weak. It really tastes awful!

Is it neccessary to toast it as done traditionally? Is an alcohol extract smokable? What the hell am i gonna do with this stuff?!

One response:

quote:

Don't smoke it.

and another (from someone who speak very highly of L. i., so I assume he has the "real thing:"

quote:

Got a hold of some extract a couple of times. Natch, the first thing I tried was smoking it. No effect, that's why don't smoke it - it's a waste. If smoking extract is ineffective, I would imagine smoking leaf would be even less so.

Made hot tea from the extract. Now we are talking! Definitely something there, something special and unique. Brujo likes it A LOT!

Anyone have any propsed mechanisms to explain the different results of these folks and friendly?

There are many reasons for different responses.

One is the person is not expecting what the Lago offers but is looking somehwere else for it.

Another may be that it takes some time to become acclimated to the effects as they are not familiar. It gets stronger each time I use it, it seems, although I no longer use it daily; I have too much to do and it keeps me from wanting to work.

I didn't think the tea was that good, but we didn't toast the herb beforehand. However, one of my students insisted he felt as though he had smoked a joint after we drank the tea.

Most people that smoke it report consistent effects, getting stronger with each experience.

It seems people that smoke a lot of cannabis do not find it as potent as people who smoke less than daily.

I find the extract smokes very well indeed.

Some people may find smoking something they are familiar with the effects of an hour after ingesting Lago and comparing the difference with what they normally experience to be rewarding.

Or there are the possibilities they are hardheads, immune to the effects, need to try another method of ingestion or are using a mis-identified herb rather than Lago.

I remember when S.d was first becoming popular, there were many people who insisted it didn't work.

Let's give it time enough for people to give it a fair try before drawing any conclusions.

No one I know who has tried it has had anything bad to say about it; quite the opposite.

However, attempting to cover all the bases, I will make a tea from the extract and report back.

[ 24. June 2004, 04:23: Message edited by: friendly ]

friendly:

Another may be that it takes some time to become acclimated to the effects as they are not familiar. It gets stronger each time I use it, it seems, although I no longer use it daily; I have too much to do and it keeps me from wanting to work.

That's interesting. It's the first I've heard of reverse tolerance effects. I'll keep that in mind as I test (should have had some stuff shipped out last Friday...a little surprized that it hasn't shown up yet, but you know how "priority" mail can be!)

It's not so much a reverse tolerance as it is learning your way around rhe unfamiliar landcape, similar to many people's first attempts at smoking ganga.

A lot of people report nothing with Cannabis the first few times they try it and as they learn to recognize the unfamiliar state they get more and more from the experience.

So it seems to be with Lago. I get more from it each time I use it. Although it is not as strong as the best Cannabis, the signature seems to be very similar as one acclimates to it.

If one is not a heavy every day smoker of Cannabis, I think they will be quite pleased overall.

friendly:

If one is not a heavy every day smoker of Cannabis, I think they will be quite pleased overall.

Well, as I haven't smoked cannabis in close to 20 years, I think I qualify, so I'll let you know!

I remember way, way back...I didn't feel effects of cannabis until I had smoked it many times. I always assumed that the delayed onset of effects was more biochemical than psychological, but it may have multiple components. For example, I took some kratom tonight, and while the dose was similar to my last does and the strength of the effects was the same, the experience was much better this time. This was only my fifth time with kratom, so -- as you say -- I think I'm still learning my way around the landscape.