The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

is this some sort of secret in america or something? why have i never seen this mentioned by anyone at all?

• Like 1

there's definitely a missing piece of the puzzle in this story

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

there's definitely a missing piece of the puzzle in this story

Wow! Thanks for sharing.  I am imagining many different possible reactions to this.  I like it as a support for the existence of God or a super consciousness but I would guess I'm not in the majority here.

• Like 2

yeah i think looking at the improbabilities of proteins and immediately thinking "God did this" is a bit of a leap. It's definitely not a proof of the existence of god (which god by the way? there's many) but at the same time it's clear it's not some random chance process that just happened to spring into being. I don't know what the answer is but there's more to it than what some would want you to believe. just like i don't think evolution is a random process.

• Like 1

I’ve been doing this for 20 years, but most are still willing to do it *sigh*. It’s getting quite absurd now, but I think the majority need to be told what to do.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2019 at 7:15 PM, DiscoStu said:

is this some sort of secret in america or something? why have i never seen this mentioned by anyone at all?

I know right, I felt exactly the same way when I heard about this a few years ago. My guess is the lack of information about these awesome creations stems from historical efforts to make the American Indians look much more primitive than they were, making it easier for people to either assimilate them or kill them. Its crazy what they created, whats even more crazy is how they are still treated like second class citizens even to this day. The reserve for example, most of it is shit useless land and they can't even build on their own 'reserve' without going through years of paperwork and hence hardly anything can be built. 

some people say the ability for reason and morality is the evidence humans possess a soul. well evolutionarily speaking humans didn't always have these abilities so that means at one point God must have imbued these creatures with a soul. so which came first, morality or the soul?

• Like 1

Epic speech is epic. I think I know this off by heart now :)

Vote #1 Australian of the Year because he’s a renaissaince man with the voice of an angel & is trying to help his friend with MS *still* without selling-out.

Edited by DiscoStu

McDermott can go from Devil to Angel and back like no other!

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 3:45 PM, DiscoStu said:

yeah i think looking at the improbabilities of proteins and immediately thinking "God did this" is a bit of a leap. It's definitely not a proof of the existence of god (which god by the way? there's many) but at the same time it's clear it's not some random chance process that just happened to spring into being. I don't know what the answer is but there's more to it than what some would want you to believe. just like i don't think evolution is a random process.

If time and the universe is infinite then the probability of the creation of a protein is 100%, right?

If time and the universe is infinite then the probability of the creation of a protein is 100%, right?

but that's the point. basic probablity says it should take many times the age of the universe to come up with a single protein, let alone complex multicellular life. but it took only a few billion years or so (still a long time but only new born in terms of the complete age of the universe). and that's the point, that this all formed vastly sooner than what mathematical models say it should. so forgive me if "that's just the way it is" is not a particularly satisfying answer.

interesting hypothesis not sure if this slurry would be enough to melt these large stone blocks so quickly but it does make sense when considering how closely they fit

amino acids?

• Like 1