bark

vaporising temp.

Anyone got any info on the vaporisation temperature of

N,N DMT

5MEO DMT

Bufoteine

Gramine

??

they'd probably all be around the 80 deg C......DMT is.

Gramine mp 139 C, bp high.

Bufotenine mp 147 C, bp 320 C under hard vacuum.

ooops!

Guest reville

So does that mean if a mixed smaple of alkaloids was put into some sort of adjustable vapourising device then the lower temp ones could be 'Extracted' thus leaving the other nasties behind? or is that soo simplistic

this seems quite resonable at consumer level. so a temp controlled vaporiser is a good investment....

Auxin, are those temperatures for the freebases or some sort of salts?

freebases

The melting point of 5MEO and N,N are very close. Assuming the vapourising temps are also close to the same, they could be separated from 5-OH and gramine but not from each other.

Apparently this really interesting looking device has a max temp of 204.4 degrees celsius (400 F). Hmmmm... unfortunately i don't think you could use this thing for inhaling alkaloids straight from the plant material since they usually occur in salt form in plant material... so you would need to do your extraction... Might be good for terpenoids though. I think the temp. limit might be a bit low for salvinorin unfortunately. I would have to really try one out before sending money off to these people. really cool idea. maybe i should start a disk making company...

The vapir-2 seems to be a great vaporizer

but the price is ridiculous.I was offered some sort of deal to get one cheaper but did,nt think I could get rid of them at that price,also the guy I had to deal with is Sean cheyenne of T.O.E. fame,I found him to be a little pushy.If I could get enough people interested then maybe we can get a decent discount otherwise these items are way too exspensive.In the future I expect to be able to choose from dozens of these devices as there are more variations being produced all the time.

yep the cost is a bit over the top, and yet they claim to be all sold out and taking advance orders and shit. still, andrew if you can make 'em happen cheaper here in oz be sure to spruik long and loud. seems like a damn handy device.

Hey isn't Bufoteine from the glands from Cane toads?? you squeeze the heads and the white mucky stuff coming out behind the eyes/head is that Bufoteine?? if it is, fuck, I can't believe I didn't know this shit as I remembered few years ago when I used to work on Banana plantations up Innisfail, we (workers) were told/demanded that we kill any cane toads that come across our pathways by simply walking over them, there were thousands jumping all over the place, and my boss/farmer often fired european backpackers all the time because they thought Cane Toads were "cute" and refused to kill them....they had no idea they are bloodly pests in Australia. Also I have noticed that it's been pretty dry up here in QLD, and I haven't seen Cane Toads for ages, they often come out in the wet season....

hey Bark

Couldnt help but notice your from SA like me and more than likely interested in the whole acacia/dmt scheme of things (like me again). Im wanting to extract the dmt but fully confused on which method to use, what do u think?

A friend of mine smoked the raw material in a pipe and felt chilled out for about an hour but no proper dmt effects (which is expected)

Can you vaporise straight from raw material?

B

Originally posted by Brodez:

B

Unlikely you can vaporise from raw material. Check out 'Traditional DMT use in australia?' @ shamans chill space though for some thoughts.

Guest reville

Re toads:

I once felt like that - killing toads

I squashed them , whacked them with golf clubs etc.. thinkig iwas doing the right thing

Then i realised that unlike with mammals or slower breeding pests there is no point in trying to kill them. For as many as you kill the things are just too fecund to make a dent in.

Some years there are more others there are less but its all due to weather and nothing you can do will affect it.

Some people seem to lose their humanity in the puruit of over-idealised goals which simply dont stand up to logical and scientific scrutiny.

I disagree reville. I collect all toads and kill them humanely. while the next property has heaps of them we only have the occasional one. There are whole neighbourhoods around our area where kids got together for the toad collecting project (they used to get a few cents per toad they bring to school frozen) and they simply didn't have any toads for that year. obviously new toads move into the area the next season, but I think a little vigilance would curb this too. Attracting them to a light every night early in the season seems to work best for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Brodez:

hey Bark

Im wanting to extract the dmt but fully confused on which method to use, what do u think?

B

No experience to contribute here, but you could maybe try chasing up the "Chemistry Extracting FAQ" that was compiled from posts to alt.drugs.* and which used to live on the Lycaeum. One Aussie in there gives a fairly detailed report and seems to know what he/she is talking about.

The raw material was said to said to give a barely perceptible effect, and even the alcohol extract was said to be a disappointing smoke (no details about eating along with a MAOI). So it looks like you have to go the whole acid-base extraction route, and to shoot for isolating the yellowish free base. Incidentally, we are talking in another thread about whether strong bases like hydroxide or weak bases like ammonia or bicarbonate are better basifying agents. The experience here was that weak bases and consequent moderate pH caused more hassles with emulsions.

You might also consider looking through the "tryptamine chemistry" section of the Hive (www.the-hive.ws). Note that you may need to be logged in to see all groups or search the archives.

The other issue of course is that phalaris grass may very well turn out to be a lot easier to process.

Guest electro

[This message has been edited by electro (edited 13 October 2002).]

Guest electro

Guest electro