The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr toodly

Kratom seeds

The seed grown Mitragyna Speciosa are starting to grow quickly since 25C has become the minimum temperature & humidity rises in the rainy season.

cimg21372hd3ru.jpg

Veins do seem to be slightly red.

cimg21414to4oo.jpg

Edited by Spliff

Just thought I would make the concluding post concerning the seed grown kratom.

The seed grown Mitragyna Speciosa seedlings that survived seem to be out of the danger of the damping off disease. Thanks for all the information folks.

cimg2179im2.jpg:lol:

Just thought I would make the concluding post concerning the seed grown kratom.

The seed grown Mitragyna Speciosa seedlings that survived seem to be out of the danger of the damping off disease. Thanks for all the information folks.

cimg2179im2.jpg:lol:

Very nice photo journal of your plants Spliff. Very impressive.

Damping off isn't always a visible white fungus. Typically plants will just bend over at the stem at a very early stage. The browning off of the early leaves is more due to sun burn and not fungal.

I spray all seedling trays with lime sulphur solution. I use a custom mix of peat moss, river sand, and perlite but I wash the trays with a weak bleach solution and pour boiling water into the soil mix the day before planting.

After planting with seeds I spray the surface of the soil mixture with lime sulphur solution till its very moist then I'll cover with cling wrap with ventilation holes. I take off the cling wrap every second day for a good hour before a cautious misting with boiled and cooled distilled water.

The trays are kept in shaded sun until germination occurs. Exposure to the morning and evening sun is useful as the UV rays also prevent fungal growth. With this method damping off is rarely if ever a problem.

Nevertheless congratulations. Excellent result and thanks for sharing.

Thanx for the information eNo.

That really is some proccess you have there.

I can understand the need for it as I lost most of the seedlings which as you say, just keeled over and shriveled up. Still, I really don't have space for 400 plants anyway.

I suppose in a sense it is selection of the strongest and perhaps the plants that make it really are the tough guys.

i have a problem with some of my kratom seedlings, yellow spots are appearing on the leafs rapidly. i will try to take a picture later of this.