The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr toodly

Kratom seeds

Hey,

2 seeds germinated today so that is great. Any help with my other post about my possible find of

a Mitragyna species of tree would be great.

Watch misting them and soil mositure. I only have about 4 left out of the first batch due to them sort of burning up at the leaf. Not sure if this is the dreaded damping off or not. The good news is that the four remaining are healthy and getting bigger. Still have about 40 that just germinated.

Good luck

I potted 72 seeds from fract on april 8 and none have come up. They were in a seedling tray with constant high humidity and exposure to light. None sprouted yet. I have right now 2 plants that look decent and a couple new sprouts. The sprouts may turn out to be weeds or die but we will see. I have some more seed I will try to sprout.

I believe they do not like light 24/7. Mine have done much better with 18/6 on a timer.

If you sowed them on top of the soil, they should have germinated by now.

I don't think actually burying these seeds is a good idea because they are prone to rotting.

Glad reducing the light helped your plants.

The 72 from fract were on top of the soil. An earlier batch was covered in a thin layer of sand but I don't do that any more. I haven't given up on those yet. I have 2 that are doing well and have several sets of leaves. They die easily.

Man my seedlings are growing superslow. most of them have gotten two sets of leaves by now but they are too small to make a decent picture of from my cellphone camera. They get 24/7 with lights but i turn off the lights some times a week I was thinking about putting a timer on them and use a 18/6 cycle. Also mine stands in a clear plastic container and I fan them just as often as i fan my cubensis growchambers standing next to the kratoms. I had a dream there i dreamed that they needet more air circulation actually so i have been thinking about setting up something diffrent for them soon but havent gotten around to it yet.

Edited by shamantra

What kind of temp ranges are the seedlings in?

If it goes much below 20C this is possibly the reason for slow growth.

Since the temp has been 20-24c here I have seen the seedlings grow rather fast.

Hey,

I have had a few more seeds sprout but some seem to die for no apparent reason. I have got one that is showing strong growth and was my first to germinate. Will post a picture tommorow.

Sorry about the double post. Heres my seedling

post-1504-1147984549_thumb.jpg

Here is a quick update at 3 months since germination.

They are starting to harden off and leaf growth seems to have speeded up since the temp is more or less 20C day and night.

mitragynaspeciosa3months4bc.jpg

I have a few new pictures as well. The seedlings began germination on March 1. Today, I removed many of them from the seedling planter. I was shocked to discover many of them had roots as much as 2 inches out the bottom of the planters. I also pinched off as many as 25-30 smaller and weaker seedlings. I repotted about 15 individuals.

Mspeciosa-macro.jpg

Mspeciosa-May23.jpg

hmm, i wonder if those plants in the previous post are speciosa.

we had a photo of an europaen member looking just the same, but those deep red veins and the leave shape raises my suspicion...

Edited by planthelper

What kind of temp ranges are the seedlings in?

If it goes much below 20C this is possibly the reason for slow growth.

Since the temp has been 20-24c here I have seen the seedlings grow rather fast.

My temps ranges from 25-30C. i noticed today that there was two new sprouts in one of the pots and its been one- one and a half month since i planted them. :)

Hello shiner,

your plants look exactely like those face- Kratom plants my friend bought, especially those sharp bended leaf apex!!

...sorry... :( I think thees are not speciosas.

So long

Puse

They are prob speciosa

heres the SAB M speciosa deflasked

see the similarity

they dont get the rounder leaves till later

the pointy leaves are juvenile

post-11-1148567428_thumb.jpg

dont stress fellas ;)

IMG0008.JPG

IMG0008.JPG

The red veins do not mean they are not potent. The seed pods I received were nothing like the M. parvifolia seed pods I have seen before. In fact they were identical in appearance to the capsule pictures posted in this thread. HERE Also, read this information which is located right here on Shaman Australis. KRATOM Here is a quote from Murple's article written on Kratom:

Users distinguish different types of kratom, two main kinds being distinguished by the color of veins in the leaf - red or green/white... Growers in Australia report that both red and white veining occurs at different times in different plants which were all cloned from the same mother plant. They have not yet undertaken comparisons between the two.

Look at the photo on the bottom left of the Kratom information page. Here it is for any lazy individuals. PHOTO

You can see the similarities in my photo and the one above. Obviously there is a lot still to learn here. Perhaps they are not M. speciosa but I think it is still premature to be 100% sure they are not.

Shiney....Are these plants from Fracts seeds?

They are growing at an extreemly fast rate compared to mine.

Edited by Spliff

Yes Spliff they are from Fractanimist. There are a lot of differences in the way we set the seedlings up though. Firstly, I started germinating mine a little more than a week before yours from Fract. Secondly, I live in a completely different part of the world. Lastly, I just used a commercial potting soil with fertilizer added. I know you used a special soil available where you are from with charcoal added and some other goodies.

Yes...I think the fertilizer is the deal..Reaches for large bottle of fertilizer, nearly confuses it with Russian Vodka I am currently drinking however they probably both taste the same. :saufen2:

I doubt those are kratom, for the reasons given and also because of the rate of growth. Those are growing 10x as fast as other people's kratom growing from seed. It may be but I doubt it. It may be a related species.

Well I now have about 20-25 tiny seedlings from Fracts seeds. They are growing incredibly slowly and are always kept at a temp between 15-25c. These are definitley not weed seeds as part of the seed casing is still attached to some of them. Well it took about 6 weeks to get full germination. Are everyones seedlings taking along time to grow?

Now in the last week I can a noticable increase in growth of mine. I have exposed them to better air exchange and I have increased the dark hour to 8 hrs with dark.

A picture of some of my small seedlings. I obtained my seeds from shamans palace bt, i fucked up nder the resizing when i uploadet it but its a bad picture anyways because i have a bad camera. :P

cf6b1181.jpg

here is another one, but its very blurry. the white dots are perlitte so that should give some idea how small these are.

789e2ea3.jpg

You can also see that a couple has died off allready but these has always looked like they wouldnt make it, some look stronger. the ones that does best is those who is growing next to eachother, like 1 mm apart or something,

Edited by shamantra

question: I still have my seedlings in a plastic container for high humidity. I was wondering for how long I should keep them there and introduce them to more light and lower humidity.