The Corroboree
apothecary

Fresh Heimia tea

A large handful of fresh Heimia foliage (seedpods, flowers and all) was placed in a coffee plunger with 7 mature Turnera ulmifolia v. sublata leaves (e.g. not a lot), and some SAB Damiana & 1 Lemon Myrtle leaf was added for taste.

Hot water was added enough for 2 mugfulls, and let steep for 10 minutes. To this a teaspoon of honey was added, and plunged.

I had a mug, and a friend had the other. No unpleasant taste was noted. Effects were pretty much immediate and very very good.

I am pleasantly stoned, with some sedation (not too much). Conversation was easy and followed by lots of laughs and smiles.

I would put the effects range in the same area as a couple of cups of kava, possibly with more cerebral effects. Definitely not placebo, and very enjoyable.

I could easily go another mugfull or two if I could be bothered getting up and cutting some more foliage :P

As a sidenote, my guess is this mix would have high synergy with a schooner of beer or something like that. Maybe bacardi and coke.

I'll be continuing this line of experimentation (sans T. ulmifolia because I don't have that much of a plant yet) as it seems to be worthwhile! :)

I made some of this tea last night too! Although I spent 8 or so hours slow boiling the plant matter to extract the dark brown gue. I didnt know you could just plunge the plant material into hot water for a short time to get results. Hemia has a nice subtle effect, helping in meditation, mood elevation and general sense of well being IMO>.

i also gave heimia a try just this weekend, although it was prepared a while ago. one mature plant cut back quite heavily, boiled until the water was a dark brown colour, made approx 2 litres. has been stored frozen for a couple of months,possible for some loss of potency.

two long glasses downed in quick succession, dont mind the taste at all. effects were felt immediately; quite a subtle relaxing feeling, not unlike a small amount of kava (actually, the aftertaste is quite similar too). started to try and draw, but kept being distracted by the music :P (His Awesomeness, Charles Mingus). by an hour later the effects had completely gone.

definately interested in further experimentation with this, larger dose and perhaps having a smoke too. i might go finish off the bottle now :D

intresting, i have had this specie in cultivation for well over 4 years and I still havent tried to make tea. I have had some plans about either making wine or something among those lines. Maybe i will try to make tea of the leaves.

and old pic, its a pretty plant to grow

035909263-sinicuichi.jpg