The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Cptn Insane'O

Trachelospermum asiaticum The "other" jasmine

Came across a good couple hundred nearly ripe seedpods (spread over ten or so plants), surprising as I've never been able to find any jasmine seed pods ever before. So many pods that I wondered if this species may be self-pollinating but later found a swarm of hovering hawkmoths hard at it.

Q: Has anyone found seeds of this species to be active? Does anyone know how many seeds

of T. jasminoides would be considered an average dose( just as a rough guide). What amount would be potentially dangerous or the 'upper limit'? I've never come across much talk on numbers of seeds but now that "the time has come" I would really like to know-if you can understand my dilemma. Thanx!

Ps. who wants?

i never heard of anybody indigesting those said seeds...

i think, that the amount of ibogin contained in those seeds is tiny, and not worthwhile.

and ther could be a lot of crap in the seeds which you would not like to consume.

if you have 10kg of seeds, than the alkaloid(s) could be extracted via chemical means, where legal to do so.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=16151

Hi Crazy man

yes ive heard rumours of their (T jas.)theoretical value but bever confirmed activity

seeds are in short supply here it seems tho i have a few i want to grow them

as most T jas in the country is clonally propagated maybe thats the big problem (self incompatibility)

can you share any info you have on usage?

is someone know if the latex of Trachelospermum jasminodies contain ibogaine?

maybe i should try scratch my plant and collect the latex - i have feelin it has all the goodies !

I was thinking the same thing Tomer.

How old are your plants? I have access to huge amounts of bark and leaf from five year or older plants, unpolluted by smog that usually accompanies roadside plantings of T. jasminoides...

If it wasn't illegal, I could easily supply this to someone with the knowhow to extract the Ibogaine.

I guess we will all have to just sit and enjoy the flowers instead :)

edited for spelling

Edited by apothecary

my plant is 3 years old.

i think i'll collect the latex in the end of summer.

but its not the point ,i do not know how much latex someone need to ingest for effects...(if there are any effects).

I think you'd need a fair bit of it, even if we assume most of the alkaloids are in the sap, then you'd still probably need to remove the sap from 1kg of material (maybe a bit less if using rootbark or something) for about 1500mg worth of alkaloids, not all of which is Ibogaine.

I thought total Ibogaine in T. jasminoides was 0.001% but someone said 0.004% a few nights ago in the lab.

If it wasn't illegal, I could easily supply this to someone with the knowhow to extract the Ibogaine.

eh? its not illegal

not the herb and not the possession anyway

my brief reading suggests the material should be as fresh as possible before what little there is is lost

Trachelospermum illegal in aus???????

how your goverment know about all the "interesting" plants in the world???

what their problem anyway??

The plant is legal Tomer if in the country

Unless you want to import or export , so it goes through customs, with whom it is an ibogaine containing plant so by proxy illegal

theres a lot of this by proxy, by analogue clause shit in Australian law. They love it

Its why while the rest of the world was lovin RC's they were already illegal here

Its why we can import ephedra seed, or voacanga - even though AQIS says we can

and then theres the censorship on books issue as well. Informed debate is illegal here.

Our government prefers to make criminals of us pre-emptively than leave us alone till there is evidnece to suggest social harm is actually ocuring example only place to schedule the actives in amanita, fisrt place to schedule salvia, first non origin country to schedule Kratom.

Drink your beer, watch TV, do your job and buy that new (insert item). Dont think outside the square. trust us and our corporate sponsors.

i wanted to move to australia one day...

now i dont! :P

its very sad story rev...but maybe someday when we all die it will be changed. :crux:

till than...i'll try to collect some milk from my Trachelo...