The Corroboree
Gollum

Vortex---Legal high

Has anyone tried a smoking mix called Vortex?

I bought some from a shop in surfers yesterday.

This stuff was way more potent that what i thought it would be. Gave me a full on head spin and made my lips go numb and tingley. I also experienced a bit of nausea.

I could really feel it in the center of my brain like a weird pressure or something. I also couldnt stand all the electricity around me. I had to turn all the lights off and go outside.

Ingredients were-

Tribulus leaf

Delosperma root

and Desmodium leaf

Now ive done some research and found that the Desmodium root has DMT in it according to the Plants of the gods book,(not sure of the quantity of DMT though), and the Tribulus leaf is an MAOI. But havent found anything on the Delosperma leaf.

Is this stuff a mild legal version of DMT?

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this stuff?

Any info or experiences would be much appreciated

Delosperma root, smoked, makes all my extremities tingly and gives me a bit of a 'head stone', but the stone is very mild.

More noticeable are some almost Sceletium-like effects on your body, like the tingling I described above. And a 'buzz' of some sort. A bit stimulatory.

So, it sounds like it may have been a more DMT-type effect you had there Golum.

Either way, it sounds like a mix worth trying! :D

Ive tried vortex before. it was kind of fun to smoke 2 or 3 cones of it an then sit back an enjoy the strong buzz. I also got some dream time mix and a more pure mix. Within 1 minute of smokeing a cone of this stuff i had instant kalediscope vision.

Edited by pete_likes_fungi

Yes, sounds like a light dmt exp. for sure. :) I've tried the 'purer' dreamtime mix mentioned above by pete and it was quite a blast. :drool: Almost felt as if I was about to break through. (Still got half that mix....really must whip it out again soon.)

Anyone know (if allowed to divulge) where/what this alleged shop at surfers is? :lol: My gnome is curious to know...

people, please don't post any information regarding "sources", as this might ask for trouble!!

My apologies... (Damn, but I will continue looking :) )

intresting, I eonder which desmodium specie they are using leaves of. Anyone know which desmodium has the highest concentration of alkaloids?

gangeticum is published

its alos the most likely i can think of due to availability of herb

and its native as well

the other two ingredients can also be sourced locally

that is- presuming the contents list is accurate

im fairly convinced it contains the plant species it says by tatse test and microscopic analysis, but whether it has other stuff not listed and what form the herbs are in- dry herb or extract - i cannot tell

im fairly convinced it contains the plant species it says by tatse test and microscopic analysis, but whether it has other stuff not listed and what form the herbs are in- dry herb or extract - i cannot tell

My understanding is that Vortex is made up of just dried herbage, no extraction. It certainly doesn't have the chemical smell that the Dream Time Blend has, but I'm no chemist.

My friends reckon that the Vortex Xtra has a massive body load (like people getting serious sweats & vomitting after one bowl :puke: ) while the DTB is simply beautiful. :bong:

Mick

Edited by ointment

yes the 'void', black and white imagery, facial and other muscular spasms

do certainly give away that DTM and vortex are similar but oh so far apart

no points for guessing whats at play in vortex :)

maybe 1, maybe 2 players. but def not the same one as in DTM

smokeable epena or yopo instead of aya

My understanding is that Vortex is made up of just dried herbage, no extraction. It certainly doesn't have the chemical smell that the Dream Time Blend has, but I'm no chemist.

I find the latter to be a much more satisfying smoke. My friends & I reckon that the Vortex Xtra has a massive body load

(I've seen people get serious sweats & vomit after one bowl :puke:
) while the DTB is simply beautiful. :bong:

Mick

Yeah, :lol: i must admit i had some chronic sweats and it had me running to the nearest tree for a bit of a heave ho. :puke:

I found it quite unpleasent. But an experience none the less.

The Dtm sounds like its worth a try though.

Good! Other people who have also had a strong reaction from DTB. I smoked a few cones of it the other day and had very intense visauls and a generally amazing experience. I was worried it was one gaint placebo because its legal.