The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gerbil

The wonderful flight to the mushroom planet - book

The wonderful flight to the mushroom planet by Cameron, Eleanor / Hawkes, Kevin or Cameron, Eleanor / Henneberger, Robert depending on publication. latter being the 1954 one.

Has anyone read this book(aimed at younger folk), first published in 1950's

Stamets has it in his catalouge, 'back with a new design by illustrator Kevin Hawkes'

Looks like a fun read.

"Adventures of Chuck and David, two boys who travel to the alien planet Basidium to help the mushroom people."

I have this book sitting on my shelf. I have been told its a good read for mushroom fiends. I will have to pick it up and give it a read. Hopefully a good mind expanding read.

i also have a copy of this book, as well as Stowaway to the Mushroom Planet (the sequel).

i started to read it about a month ago, got through about a third and had to take a break to read something...well, good! i'll get back to it after i've finished the book i'm on, i just found it to be fairly poorly written (even for a children's book), but i love the idea.

"The mysterious little man spoke:

'I should like you two boys to set off this very night for the Mushroom Planet!'

'Tonight?' repeated chuck faintly.

'But, how...' David began.

How, indeed!"

haha gotta love it. and the cover artwork is great too.

cool, nice to know it's out and about. Will have to pick it up one day, even if it's just for the pictures.

Thanks guys.