The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
iluvpills

Some mushrooms i found in Springbrook National Park

post-1422-1138486718_thumb.jpgpost-1422-1138486799_thumb.jpgpost-1422-1138487048_thumb.jpgpost-1422-1138487322_thumb.jpg

Here's a few more pictures of some of the specimens that i found last weekend, i don't know what any of them are but i thought some of you may be interested in viewing them.

If you have any clues about their identitfication please let me know i would love to know what they are.

I still can't seem to find myself any Cubensis..........are you sure they exist :wink:

Oh, the waterfall is Purling Brook Falls, ive just added that for people who are not familiar with Springbrook National Park so you can get a feel for the place.

More pictures if i find anything on my next hunting mission

I have my first EVER mycelium growing on a vermiculite & millet flour cake :D, yep i am stoked about it. Six cakes in total, no contamination YET (only day 5) two with mycelium. My girlfriend thinks i have gone nuts spending more time learning about mushrooms than anything else at present.

Also, my book 'The Mushroom Cultivator' has arrived, its been a good weekend.

Not sure if all the pictures will up load because i am having difficulties, sorry about that.

post-1422-1138487526_thumb.jpgpost-1422-1138490407_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138486718_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138486799_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487048_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487322_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487526_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138490407_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138486718_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138486799_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487048_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487322_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138487526_thumb.jpg

post-1422-1138490407_thumb.jpg

My girfriend got worried when i spent ages researching mushroom and then grew some and they looked like penises - she was wondering why i was so interested in cultivating penises - some latent Fruedian thing

LOL, sounds like you have caught the myco madness! I am a long time sufferer, stay away from people like Bluemeanie and Rev or your viral-count will rise dramatically...

Are you looking "in" springbrook Nat.Park or "around" springbrook Nat.Park, because at this time of year you should be looking around it. Also I get the feeling that maybe your looking for Cubensis on wood instead of on dung?

As a rule of thumb, in springbrook you will only find Psilocybe's growing on wood in Winter time, in Summer you look for them growing on Dung. Another thing to keep in mind is that you will only find Subs growing below apx. 2500ft.

Generally speaking, the paddocks surroudning the Springbrook Nat.Park area/roads are the place to look for Cubensis/Pan's not inside the Nat.Park its self, you leave that for winter time when your looking for those Subs. (Then you contact me and show me where! LOL) :P

There should be heaps and heaps of mushrooms around the paddocks surrounding the springbrook area. Think outside the square, find some cows and go for it! And ask permission if possible as the farmers dont want wierdos wandering around their paddocks un-invited.

Well i did look in Springbrook initially hoping i might find a stray Cubensis growing, i had done some research and read that the cow/zebra/elephant/horse/buffalo manure was the place to look. Although, I imagine searching for Cubensis in elephant manure would be a rather dangerous past time :unsure:

But the Springbrook thing was really just out of curiosity and it is an awsome place to walk around, mind you, if you go there keep your eyes open on the tracks for snakes. We saw three of them on the tracks in the two trips we made there. Not sure what sort they were but 2 were small and brown in colour and the other was small and black.

I have searched a few paddocks out behind Burleigh but NO Cunensis, so i am assuming that i am just not looking hard enough? However, I've found some Pan. cyan. in the paddocks.

Anyway, when the times right for me to find one i'm sure he'll poke his blue tinged ass through the grass and i'll spot him..................until then i'll be waiting for the next down pour of rain and getting my hunting kit together.

Thanks for the advice guys and AndyAmine, i would most certainly be up for a sub mission there in winter if your at all interested. Have you ever found any there?

picture 3 and 4 are King stropharia

S rugosoannulata

good to see them out n about