The Corroboree
planthelper

have you ever seen an elve?

Maybe we are just visitors in another beings dream and psychedelics are like a return ticket through a worm-hole :P

but everytime we look without prejudging maybe we allow the truth to filter through a little

This I believe is the key factor in the "set" part and in particular fasting and preparing by clearing the mind before journeying.True hallucinations IME have always come from a clear intention to go with the flow and I was told once by such an entity "don't attempt to map this place" then Ganesh came into the room.

I was thinking a while back how frustrated I used to get when those 3D art books came out and the harder I tried to see the hidden picture the more frustrated I became...until I'd given up trying and the image jumped straight out at me!

I since found the same no-focus technique can make the carpet crawl under certain circumstances :wink:

If we are to speak of 'DMT archetypes', one of the things that fascinates me is the language aspect. One of the more profound experiences I had was viewing a transforming machine (which reminds me of a 4-d object viewed from 3-d space) spewing out a constant stream of runes/hieroglyphs. Then a disembodied voice said to me, "this is how we create reality". Since that time, I have read numerous reports, and spoken to plenty of people, which have referenced the production of runish characters. This also reminds me of the 'logos' philosophy, that consciousness is created by words and language...I love this McKenna quote:

Culture replaces authentic feeling with words. As an example of this, imagine an infant lying in its cradle, and the window is open, and into the room comes something, marvelous, mysterious, glittering, shedding light of many colors, movement, sound, a tranformative hierophany of integrated perception and the child is enthralled - and then the mother comes into the room and she says to the child, 'that's a bird, baby, that's a bird,' instantly the complex wave of the angel peacock irridescent transformative mystery is collapsed, into the word. All mystery is gone, the child learns this is a bird, this is a bird, and by the time we're five or six years old all the mystery of reality has been carefully tiled over with words. This is a bird, this is a house, this is the sky, and we seal ourselves in within a linguistic shell of disempowered perception.

Whether my experience was objectively real, or whether it just indicates stimulation of the language-processing centres of my brain, I cannot say.

Back onto the topic - I have seen an elf (the whole pointy hat etc), I caught him out of the corner of my eye firstly. He then walked over and tried to get me to peer into a trapdoor he had open, at the bottom of which was a glowing jewel.

And I've also seen elves with Salvia, in this case a busload of them chanting a personal message to me.

Peace and Respect,

Belf

I since found the same no-focus technique can make the carpet crawl under certain circumstances :wink:

Sounds like the 'Zero Point' technique I like to use...

If we are to speak of 'DMT archetypes', one of the things that fascinates me is the language aspect. One of the more profound experiences I had was viewing a transforming machine (which reminds me of a 4-d object viewed from 3-d space) spewing out a constant stream of runes/hieroglyphs.

I randomly met someone in a pub in a small town outside Coffs Harbour last year, who told me about a girl he knows who smoked a very large amount of DMT for the first time and experienced golden hieroglyphs spinning around her, when she came down she was still seeing the hieroglyphs superimposed over 'normal' sight, and continues to see them to this day, exactly the same and has become some kind of living oracle spewing cosmic information that no one can understand, including herself!

In regards to the Mckenna quote... recently i have begun to return to a state of being where i am not thinking words when i ..think. As a child i very clearly remember not ever thinking words or having words in my head, it wasn't even pictures or sounds, just pure 'thought' (and much faster).. as i got older this insane babble started to rise and gain momentum to the point where not just intentional thinking would have to go through linear sentences, but even perception would be accompanied much of the time by this lingual narration.. it still does to a degree and is very annoying and limited! The impression i have is that it is a very common neurosis of our time.. the Asian Buddhists from what i know have a very hard time with Westerners encouraging the cessation of this constant internal dialogue!

One of my first mushroom experiences i returned to this state of 'pure thought', except for a period of about 20 minutes i was able to think eight different streams of thought at once, and each stream was represented as a transparent blue sphere overlapping the others, rotating and travelling through space.. it was awesome.