The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blog

Police Dogs and weed.

Hi,

I know areas where police randomly do car checks for drugs with dogs and I wondered what sort of containers could guarantee you the dog wouldn't smell anything?

My query really only relates to weed and a hypothetical event. I was thinking steel or glass containers. Maybe a paint tin, or a glass bottle with screw on tin lid. Both airtight. ie you tested them underwater, and no water made it in.

Assuming there was no contamination of the external of the vessel is a dog actually able to smell weed through metal or glass?

If so, how about a glass or metal container submerged in a glass or metal container of water. Acting sort of like an insulation of any aroma that could escape through metal or glass.

Hi,

I know areas where police randomly do car checks for drugs with dogs and I wondered what sort of containers could guarantee you the dog wouldn't smell anything?

We'll i can't give you any test proven methods but I have heard of coffee being used to mask the scent of cocaine and heroin from dogs maybe perhaps that may work....

Alternatly I personally think that lime would do you good and perhaps even if by some miriacle of god you manage to get one.... a body bag. The lime overpowers any smell and the body bag just makes containing smells in general easier.

(word of warning to the serial killers out their lime will mask the smell of the carcass but not the residual smell that wafts onto everything when transporting a body and they get real stinky real fast outside a fridge I know because I used to be a Beef slaughterman and in the SES and the smell of death sticks to you for weeks eventhough nobody else can smell it you can) Sorry bout that I had to ramble its genetic :lol:

For Big Day Out purposes we get our things past sniffer dogs by air tight containers filled with coffee grounds.

read Mr Nice by howard marks, there is a few meathods mentioned in the book.

although these meathods ar not suitable now for postal items.

good read the ol book.