The Corroboree

I'm gonna use this thread to display some of my music. Most of it is pretty old (I haven't been as creative since I quit smoking weed). I'd love some constructive criticism on some of this stuff. I've got some electro, some videogamey kinda music, some trance, and even a little bit of baroque (but I couldn't find a string quartet to play it for me so it sounds kinda shit). This first one is what I consider to be my best trancey track, and one of the few trance that I have finished. It's not that hard as trance goes, but I reckon it's awesome. I'm on fifty-six k, so it takes me a while to upload them, but I'll upload more when I can. Anyone is welcome to use this music for any non-profit broadcast or project (a short film for example) as long as I am given credit. B) If you wish to use it for profit, PM me an we can work something out :wink:

Enjoy: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2WHY76MR

listening now.

good start of the song. you have got all sound spectrum covered - bass, melody etc.

i like it. its good. the second section is cool aswell. i like the way the beat lurches.

the third section is a bit of a let down as at this point in time i would like to hear something thats taking it up a notch from the second - to sucker you in.

but yeah as i keep on listening that build up does come within the 3rd section.

i like it man - i really do.

keep on making tracks.

only thing its missing is a hell crazy bit at the end. i like songs with just a sweet riff that pumps things up at the end and gets people up and going off.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you in some ways that it could benefit from a more climactic finale. Ending pieces dramatically is really a weakspot of mine. However, I think this piece develops throughout better than any other of my trancey tracks.

This next track is probably my favourite out of anything I have ever done, but is probably not so much to public taste as the last one. I'm not sure what genre it would be called, but I'll let it speak for itself.

When I think about it, it is probably about five years old now :o

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0T3F9C1E

downloading now.

i will quickly listen before i go to work.

i love my recent aquisition of broadband. all music makers on this site post up your stuff. keen to hear everything people are doing out there. i really dig how easy it is to get into making music with technology today and think some great pieces of creativity are coming out of it. i will upload something soon myself. (perhaps after work)

okay download has finished.

yeah i know the style - have you heard paranerd? look him up - gets similar sounds.

i like this style. videogame reminiscing to the max.

it sounds like its an instrumental for something that would go well with lyrics over the top. perhaps a cute japanese girl singing. i like the shifting of moods etc.

the 1:54 mark with the out of tune solo makes you listen but is the only section i dont really get into as much. at around 2:48 mark aswell. it needs to be resolved or something. like another synth to counter the pitch choice.

but yeah i dig it.

what program you using?

and check out paranerd. a kindrid musical spirit of yours in cyberspace.

thanks again for the feedback. I'm using Fruityloops (FL studio4). I'll check out paranerd when I got some time. Cheers. :)

i miss the old Japanese video games... :D all very good but i wouldnt really call it trance.

maybe you could try getting in with Atari, lol nah just kidding. keep at it and dont lose that Atari inspiration.

all very good but i wouldnt really call it trance.

:wacko: I don't remember calling that one trance.

Anyway, here's another one. This is just a short thing I did as an idea for some audio for an unknown film. I was kinda trying to get a bit of a Vangelis thing happening. It's kinda cool, but it's not a dance track or anything. Like I said, it's more just a bit of incidental music or something.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMEEKFMQ

I'm downloading some Paranerd now. I'll check it out in the morning.

Here's one that I wrote a while ago. This is one of my later versions, because I lost earlier versions. The production values aren't that good on this one, but one day I'll get around to writing a chorus and more verses and do a better production of it. Here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XC394VNC

Okay, so you guys like afflatus (the video gamey one). A mate of mine who is a bit of an amateur filmmaker wanted to do a film clip for it, but he wanted a break for it, just to add a bit of interest. I wrote this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0364GFMC , although we never got around to doing the film clip. I'm not sure how it was gonna fit in, maybe a fade-over, or a cut, but it's pretty 'cool'. I grew up with a sega master system, and I think this shows a bit of an "Alex Kid in Miracle World" influence. Anyway, we DID end up doing a film clip. It started off as just a video of me contact juggling, but he got one of his mates to do an edit of it, and they put it to one of my tracks. It ended up awesome, although a bit over-edited for a contact juggling video (it kinda takes away from the magical effect of the cj). Anyway, if I can ever figure out how to get it from vhs to mpg format, I will post that too.

-Zac

By the way, you may have noticed that a lot of the tracks are at different volumes. This is because I haven't mastered them yet. I'm going to get a vinyl cut soon, and whatever track (or two) I put on that I will get professionally mastered. Until then I can't really be bothered doing my own bodgy job at it.

Here's an elektro track: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6RHM4D4D

i cant get that to work either.