The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Cubensis from SE Qld

I thought I would share these pics of some cubensis that i found last week. I saw many others but problem is they were all near houses :( I was going to upload them into the gallery but I can't work out how to upload pics into the new gallery for some reason.

post-899-1133567212_thumb.jpg

post-899-1133567280_thumb.jpg

Nice!! God bless this rain!

I have been quite lucky the last couple of days too. Hope fully santa brings me a digital camera this year so i can put some pics up. :wink:

nice cubes man. getting a nice amount of rain at the moment theres gotta be shrooms everywhere. need more cows :P

yeah the rain is awesome and much needed. I look forward to finding some shrooms tomorrow.

Yeps, the season has begun alright, I had an awsome day last weekend, was allowed to wonder my mates 50Ac Mur'bah paddock with lots of undulating mountains, right near MT.Warning.

Im going back early next week for a proper hunt because I left most of what was there to sporulate and get things rocking.

Down the bottom of the hills I found about 15 groups of Pans but it had jst rains so they were most deep blue to black and then further up the hill it was Cube'ie city, jst hundreds of pins and a few picture perfect specimens but I had left my camera in the car and it was a looong walk back down the hill.. LOL

Things are looking REALLY good for the Jan camping trip fellas! :devil:

I found something new there that I havent seen before tho, they looked like an undeveolped cubensis or maybe a big Pan but with a super caramel colored cap, like the you see on a lot of S.A Subs with a browny colored stem growing in groups out of cowpoo.

Anyway, will take my Camera with me next time!

That's awesome Andy :) I haven't seen any cyanescens yet. Hopefully soon.

What are the Paneolus that are brown in colour? I saw lots of those the other day.

nice andy, bring on the cyans! hunting cubies is just too easy these days ;)

small brown mushroom = panaeolina foenisecii ??

Hey guys, we should really hook up so we can cover some large feilds.. I know a sweet one thats huge but we need to do it early in the morning because its well known and I was busted by the land owner the other week.

PM me fellas!

yeah i think the brown ones were Panaeolus foenisecii, i just saw some photos, are they useful? they were growing in dung. I didn't notice any kind of staining when i handled them

Hi shane 6891, Wow that is a truck load of shooms. Gotta love this rain ehh?

Without tryin to be rude or sound like a smart ass I hope there was still some left to re-spore the area for you. I am still relativley new to mycology but learnt a valuable lesson about a year ago.

I think i made the mistake of picking most of the cubes in a small paddock on my sisters property and must have picked too many cause i have never seen them there again. I am not sure whether this was a result of me picking too much or something else.

So when ever i pick them now i only take what i need and leave quite a few there so next time round i am pretty much garanteed a batch. :wink:

Wish I knew you guys and this site when I lived in brisbane a few years back! Love to see some more photos if you can post them!

Sounds like one hell of a harvest Shane! Ill be driving passed there next week, so Ill have a look. :) LOL..

Another thing to be aware of when picking a large number of mushrooms from a feild is to cut them off at the base rather than pulling them up because if enough of them are done that way exposing the under ground mycelium network it may get infected/damaged and the whole thing can die off.

This is one way an entire feild/paddock or more can be ruined through inexperianced/careless picking.

Also, Im guessing you arent acutally eating any of these mushrooms are you guys, jst taking prints?

Please remember that on the SAB forums self incrimination is not looked on highly. :)

here is a great photo showing the diferent colors of the Panaeolus Foenisecii.

nadon_panaeolus_foenisecii_01.jpg

Which Panaeolus has that flakey sort of look on its cap similar to chlorophyllum molybdites, Panaeolus antillarum maybe?

Also, Im guessing you arent acutally eating any of these mushrooms are you guys, jst taking prints?

Please remember that on the SAB forums self incrimination is not looked on highly. :)

No way were eating any of these mushrooms , I enjoy Mycology all for information purposes only and in no way for recretional use, i wish you luck on your hunt next week ,a little tip..... were the turn off to the natural bridge is keep going south past it and down the road about 3 km and all round there you will find heaps.. Thanks alot for the advise on posting on SAB im new to this.

happy hunting

shane

i pull them out

i never cut at the base

my observations suggest the cuts stubs are more a source of infection than the neat hole

place fingers either side applying downward pressure and pull ups shroom trying to get all

if yo get stub with rhixos you could them cut that off and tuck it under another pat to perhaps regrow

There was a few bluemeanies (copelandia) at earthcore on the sunshine coast

a lot of P foenescii - or whatever it was - that blued quite well ( a latent species)

and large numbers of cowpats colonised by cubensis mycelium just waiting for the next few showers

in contrast havent seen much down this way yet

here is a great photo showing the diferent colors of the Panaeolus Foenisecii.

nadon_panaeolus_foenisecii_01.jpg

Which Panaeolus has that flakey sort of look on its cap similar to chlorophyllum molybdites, Panaeolus antillarum maybe?

Yeah i believe it is antillarum, they often seem to have grayish almost metalic tops. Should be a good sign that the meanies will be around soon cause they often seem to be growing along side.