The Corroboree
Cyjack

Shamans of the Amazon on Torrent

The doco is now being hosted for download on torrent -

http://www.mininova.org/tor/147196

From the link -

Docu about a guy that visits amazonian indians with his wife and kidand has some ayahuasca sessions with them. Ayahuasca is a millenia longused brew containing the dimethyltriptamine (DMT) psychoactive. Alsotouches how DMT is recieved in the west, the destruction of rainforest,and interviews with the indians, Terence mcKenna and others.

Looks like a warm torrent at the moment - I am getting 15-40kb/s.

I bought this just the other day as a video. it was pretty basik, i thought he really didn't go into enough detail about the shamans of the amazon it was pretty much just about ayahuasca.

taking his 6month pregnant wife and 1 year old daughter into the amazon seems a bit stupid to me but thats just my opinion.

i've been reading One River by Wade Davis and it was good to watch this to get more of a feel for what the amazon is like.

I agree - the doco shows different sides of the shaman that he came across, but I felt that it didnt reach too much depth in the description of just what it is that they are doing. And about taking your pregnant wife and child into the jungle?...... dont get me started.. :huh:

Although, what looks like strange behaviour from one angle, might be inevitable action from another.

:huh:

EDIT - can I ask where you got the vid and how much it cost?

It was $15 from polyester books in fitzroy melbourne. They have a few good DVD's and vids there.