The Corroboree
Cyjack

Chenopodium ambrosioides

Someone asked me to identify a herb in my garden the other day, but I only knew its name in spanish, which is 'Paico'. I have just learnt that its latin name is Chenopodium ambrosioides and that is is widely used in South American Culture. Indeed, it was given to me as a child for almost everything, which probably explains why it is growing wild in the backyard.

http://www.rain-tree.com/epazote.htm

Does anyone know of other uses for this herb or have advice about its use?

you have epazote? :) I'm a big fan of mexican food, and many authentic recipes call for this herb...what does it taste like? I would very much like to experiment with it in my cooking.

any chance you comin along to the sydney meet and bringing some with ya?

you have epazote? :) I'm a big fan of mexican food, and many authentic recipes call for this herb...what does it taste like? I would very much like to experiment with it in my cooking.

any chance you comin along to the sydney meet and bringing some with ya?

Sorry wandjina - I didnt see your reply - I am not receiving notices via email.

Strange that I have never used it in cooking, it just never occured to me. In a tea it is great - smells nice (to me) and really makes a dfference to pains of most types.

I dont think I can make it to the Sydney meet, but I can dry some up and post it to you. I have tried to pot this plant in the past, but for some reason (could be my blue thumbs!) they dont make the transition.

There is also the possibility of waiting for them to flower this year and collect the seed.

I am easy mate - make a suggestion and I have time to run with it. :)