The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Clematis virginiana

Looking at candidates to grow in the spring Clematis virginiana had a few hits as a possible oneirogenic, generally (and vaguely) said to be used by the Iroquois to 'produce strange dreams'. Little relevant information could be found on google, it seems a decoction of the stems is used but sources cant agree if its used as an external wash or if the decoction is taken internally, much less any guess as to doseage.

Anyone heard of this one?

...its also stated to be used to treat skin disorders and headache, heck I might grow it just for that :)

Clematis are stunning plants, the flowers are reason enough to grow them whether or not the alledged activity is present.

Anyone got any seeds (from any of the genus) to spare? Please PM me and we can arrange a trade.

I have some clematis seedlings from some wild clematis that my dad brought home from greece. They look like a strawberry plant at the moment. Surprisingly they are doing well here in SE Qld despite coming from an area with cold winters. I might have some seeds available when they start to flower but that may not be for a year or so.

peace