The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ngalyod

Needed: Salvia Divinorum seeds

S.d does rarely if never produce seeds. <_<

Most S.d plants growing around the world today are genetic copies (clones), cuttings from a motherplant.

also... S.d is scheduled in Australia so you won't have much luck im afraid.

Anyway....goooood luck! :lol:

Read more about S.d being banned/outlawed

http://www.tripzine.com/articles.asp?id=salvia_au

Require some Salvia Div seeds - willing to pay/trade - no issue. Thanks.

um.. there is an issue and that is that Salvia .D is an illegal plant, as C12H16N2 said. if thats what your looking for then might i suggest you not look here. you will not find it as many of the members here do NOT break the law.

if the laws were different im sure you could find it everywhere but thats not the case so to protect yourself maybe you should think about any legal ramafications before you post.

I once had a dream about a friend of mine who was growing two SD's from common 8inch black plastic pots. If height were to be measured (hard to guess, considering the plants' growth isnt strictly vertical in habit), she would have been about ten foot from base to any given tip. These plants (in my dream) were very healthy specimens that went to flower at about 12 different points but showed absolutely no sign of 'going to seed'. When it reached it peak of flowering, still no seeds. This first-hand (astral) observation confers with D. Siebert's comment I once read which indicated that the diviner's sage almost never sets seed.

So in saying that, my thoughts are that you are unlikely to find seeds from anywhere in a hurry. Continued cultivation from a living specimen seems prevalent, (and easy if you're botanically minded), so you'd need a cutting if you wanted to grow this in the US, Israel, The Netherlands or other such countries where status is legal.

Does anyone know if SD is a perennial, or does the trunk eventually get 'woody' and die off ?

Bearing in mind the illegility of this entire thing: if someone wanted to purchase some legally.... there IS a company that sells them. Forget the name just do a websearch. It is a US company, maybe based in Hawaii.

And probably won't ship to Australia... lol.

You'll find 'em.

Cuttings would be the go if they were legal I reckon. Even if you could find some seed they prob wouldnt germinate anyways, and then youd be real pissed.