The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Anyone got Grain amaranth?

Im looking for some seeds of Grain amaranth

I have a few grains i colect and grow

I had popping barley (like popcorn but barley) but i lost that last plants to the Kangaroos :( really shat off about that

I also have some Broomcorn sorghum (make brooms with the threshed seedheads)

and Hopi Blue corn and some intermediate mixes i hade with swetcorn to try and make blue/black sweetcorn, and a larger version of the Hopi corn

The cool thing about the Hopi corn is that its a flour corn and you can just crush the kernel between your teeth or a two grinding surfaces to makes corn flour and so tortillas. Not like the flint and dent corns that have to be lime soaked first.

Ive got to grow it out again this year to save it from the weevils and want to add the Grain amaranth to the collection

and if anyone sees any place selling Popping Barley or popping chick peas or any other non-maize popping grain

plz PM me :)

[ 01. September 2004, 05:57: Message edited by: reville ]

reville:

Im looking for some seeds of Grain amaranth

Eden seeds used to have them. Check the brown paper envelopes on the seed stand at Fundies :)

I have a (very) small amount of Eden Seeds' amaranth.

It's a bit old, and I think I want to give it a go this season. But yes, Eden does have it.

eden seeds and select organic have grain amaranth. phoenix seeds has grain amaranth, ryecorn and hulless oats.