The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ergoamide

h202 method

i have looked high and low and searched everywhere looking for the h202 method. i think i have a basic idea of wot it is but i have no idea of the specifics. can it only be used on agar or can it be used on say brf cakes and woodchips. i am intereste in this method as i have no pressure cooker and cant buy 1. any help appreciated

heres a run down... dilute h2o2 can be used to steralise anything.... but theres a few points that are very important and should be noted

1. it does NOT kill bacteria... which is a major flaw in using it.

2. it DOES kill spores, only the mycelium is "immune" to it because it has enzymes that break it down

3. Its contact only, ie it wont steralise the inside of grain like hot steam will.

Basically this means that its no good for steralising grain etc, its more sort of like an added protection to reduce contams... not illiminate them.

you NEED a pressure cooker for myco stuff no ifs, buts or maybes. Some people report success using a microwave but i have never had such luck

thanks smogs i guess ill start lookin 4 a pressure cooker but i was thinkin wot if u soaked the rice flour in the dilute peroxide would that sterilise it just a thought and does anyone know if u can find the peroxide mthod online at all

I saw a guy who was selling the method on a web site, as a manual, but I cant remember the site. Might refresh someone else's memory though...

well like i said it doesnt kill bateria...

a guy from here tryed that and just ended up with grain soup... but feel free to try it and let us know how it goes

i think theres something on www.shroomery.org about it

ok smogs ill give it a go and c if i have any success ill post about it if i do

I found a copy of Vol#1 of the mentiond Peroxide Method, follow the link for a copy of the .pdf, it'll only be there a week for obvious reasons so grab it while you can.

..... CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD FILE.....

[ 04. June 2005, 11:13: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]