The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trip Dr

myco supplies

Hey there all,

i looking for some syringes 2 innoculate some jars, but i've only got small ones, and the aren't long enough. Does anyone know where 2 get 2-4 ml ones with long needles ? :confused:

Also are wide mouth canning jars avaliable here? I've just been experimenting with normal ones... :rolleyes:

If anyone has any spare petri dishes lying around i wouldn't mind a few also.

Be well

Trip Dr

I found my local vet to be most helpful in this regard but you will have to come up with an excuse for wanting them.IE: air layering or just tell him/her what i said that i was helping my son with school a project that involved growing mushrooms ectra ectra.

[ 14. April 2003, 23:31: Message edited by: shroomy ]

Hi there you could try your local university science shop. They should have what you are looking for..if you post your locality someone more specific to your area could help. Canning Jars are a No go in Australia... the only company that sells them in Australia are Fowlers vacola and they do not make half-pint.

You can get 2ml syringes and assorted sized needles from a needle exchange. Make sure you ask for drawing needles, these are the large long ones that you'll want.

Oh yeah, not realted to your qustion, but a myco supply, Crazy Clarks have ultra sonic humidifier misting units for $20. Good if you arent around much to mist with a spray bottle, or were away for a few days, Just need an electric timer.

[ 17. April 2003, 16:10: Message edited by: blog ]

I never really worked out what those canning jars were. I had 100% success with 250ml glass tumblers (slightly tapered, about $1 each from the bargain store) with foil over the top.

Make the mix up and cover with foil before sterilising. Just poke the needle through the foil after they have cooled and there is little chance of any nasties getting through.

Thanks for the hlp all! Hey that $20 ultra sonic humidity gizmo sounds good. Is it avaliable in OZ? Or is it an overseas item?

Trip Dr

So the 19 gauge needles arent big enough?

when you inject the water does filter through to the bottom , taking spores as it goes

..HY ALL

regarding sirynges and niddles...

there is one cHEMIST store in Bankstown Old Plaza,

close to rail station, U can get various sizes of sirynges there....

nOooo ProblemOooo !!!

:P

regards

sevenmaples