The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomy

fruiting question

A few questions i would dearly love answered: :confused:

after birthing cakes into a tererium my friend found that small fury balls of mycelium about half a cm round formed ontop of and around he,s cakes ? :confused: , the cakes were birthed directly onto perlight and the mycelium has begun to spread out through the perlight? :confused: .

the first mushrooms are appearing from around the bottom of the cakes and there is no sign of any shrooms forming above the first cm of the cakes? :confused: .I have noticed that the mycelium spreading from the bottom of the cakes does appear more stringy would this indicate rizomorthic growth and if so why? :confused: . obviously the next step would be to case the rest of the pre birthed cakes :rolleyes: , because i get the impression humidity is the problem here :confused: , could i also case the already birthed cakes by removing the shrooms and using the remainder of the cake for casing.any help would be much appreiciated

The cake shouldnt be directly on the perlite. Your humidity is too high. More air exchange should help.

Thanks bm I had an idea humidity was the problem but i wouldnt of thought of it being to high, I think my friend has cased hes remaing jars and intends to fruit them in a larger tererium well above the perlight