The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
VINS

looking for lychee tree or cutting

hy all :)

sorry for crossposting but i really want to see one day this tree growing in my garden so...

i am after tree/cutting of hardy lychee type.

your help would be greatly appreciated if you could help me or redirect me to the good personn

thanks again

ps: i could pay or trade for it, as you like

vin's look up this post at seed& plant:

Wanted: Richadella dulcifica by mrwest, daley's does have :P lychees :P aswell...

Hey Vin's

I have a nice little lychee coming along and never even expected it. I had a handfull of fresh Lychee (to eat) a few months ago, and stuck about 3 large seed into a seed raising tray I keep lying around for just such an occassion, I never thought it would be possible as it doesnt normally grow down here in the south of the continent, but sure enough one of them did come up.

To cut a long story short, If you can get fresh lychee at the local market, try them, you may be surprised.

thank's planthelper, i will ask and see :)

jumpedangel, i already success in growing lychee from seeds but after a fexw search i know now why it stoped growing. apparently they always grow to 20cm high and then stop growing during 2 years. after that time they start growing again....if they are always alive . another interesting point is the long, long time they need to produce fruits.......between 15 to 20years old !

this is why i am after cuttings..... (but of course i will try to keep my few plantlet alive)

here is a pic showing this stage where they become dormant :

p_lychee.jpg

i just had a look to their website planthelper and the prices are amazing ! :):)

they are at 22A$ which is arround 15euros

in the french nursery they sell some for 160euros which is maybe arround 200A$