The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gerbil

Costs

Was wondering if all this changing servers/domains, whatever happens, costs a fair bit.

Seeing how there is a donation type thing happening at EA, was thinking maybe it's worth trying something out for this too? They are both fantastic resources and good communities.

I realise this is more of a business than the EA forums, but anything that will help fund wanjina is a good thing. And also alot of people don't have alot of cash to spare, but even just a little bit can help.

What do people think? Maybe we can all just buy a few more packs of seeds with the next order?

[ 01. April 2004, 12:45: Message edited by: gerbil ]

We already get a fair few donations and we apply all of them 100% to plant purchases for wandjina.

Webspace is nowhere near as expensive as it used to be, so the massive pricetags are a thing of the past.

We obviously won't stop anyone from making a donation, but we are not going to call for them specifically.

Donations will one day become an important part of the Australian Ethnobotanical Conservation Foundation though as it expands it's activities. The committee have pledged to keep it financial for the first couple of years, but after that it is supposed to stand on its own feet.

I personally like hanging out in the SAB forums, so I really don't mind keeping them financial.