The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hagakure

changing names?

is it possible to change account names or do i have to re-register?

shin was just some shit i came up with randomly.

thinking of adopting a plants name.

Guest d0tb0y

Agreed, wish i knew, what kind of crack was i smoking when i got this name. Oh yeah, i remember, the bad-nickname inducing crack.

just remember that changing names also means people may not remember you. eg, I know who dotboy is. I can put a face to the name. And it's a fairly unique username. if you change this to something less memorable (or something already used elsewhere) then I am unlikely to remember.

Anyway, for those who need to change I have just enabled screen name changes. Just go to your profile and you should be able to edit. You can't change your log in name though, so don't try to log in under the new name. if this ends up too confusing or is being abused i will turn it off again.

wicked.

cheers.

hows about a rule that you have your former name in your signature?

"formally known as shin" for example.

and no frequent name changes.

i dont think it will be abused.

I think the signature thing is great idea, however I won't make it a rule. I think everyone is responsible for their own identity and its their loss if they make themselves unknown.

I just urge people to think carefully about changing their name and to maybe let us all know somehow.

i like the nick "shin",

don't change it...

----------------------------------------------

sore 4 the spam post.

Guest d0tb0y

I will change my name to the transitional d0tb0y-n00dle for a period of about a month to allow people to associate the change.

noodle is good. I actually remember that one much better than dotboy, cos I have piles of noodle mail in my inbox

There we go i finally decided.

Hagakure is the name of an ancient book detailing the samurai code of honor and literally translates to "hidden beneath leaves" or "hidden leaves".

ive taken noodles lead with the slash old name for a month

i've also jumped on the bandwagon, I prefer not to have my name as my username!