The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MrBumpy

First Death by dope

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20040...4031295,00.html

First death by dope

A MAN aged 36 is thought to have become the first in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.

Lee Maisey smoked 25,000 joints during his 11-year addiction to the drug — due to be decriminalised later this month.

He said he had a headache before collapsing.

Yesterday a coroner recorded that single Mr Maisey, of Summerhill, Pembrokeshire, died from cannabis toxicity.

Afterwards experts warned cannabis was getting stronger — and risks were even higher if it is eaten rather than smoked.

The Sun?---nearly wrote this off as their usual lies, but i checked it out, it's in The Age as well.

i don't get it. he smoked spliffs- 6 a day for 11 years(i know a hell ov alot ov people who must be seriously close to death), after he died they found "large amounts" ov cannabinoids in his blood---duhh.., so they inferred that his death was due to the cannabis?

the coroners verdict was mis-adventure, as he died while doing something illegal.

no explanation ov how the cannabinoids proved toxic.

am i missing something?

the UK gov. is dropping the status ov cannabis this week--could there be a connection?

The Sun... equivalent to the German "Bild-Zeitung"

totally stupid and unbelievable...

definitely just bad publicity against decrimalisation of cannabis...

couldn't be dumber and more unfounded...

and what about the "Age"

it just takes stupidity to the next level...

Well, aside from the fact that we all know what a ludicrous concept this is, I'm afraid it's not the first Marijuana related death...actually, it's not marijuana related at all but try telling that to the ignorant people.

The ONLY actual death caused by Marijuana occured when a very unfortunate man was crushed by several tons of falling herb.

If I can find the source of this information I'll post it here.

By the way, aspirin kills several thousand people every year (I belive this is in the US alone, but not sure)...where are all the demonizing headlines for OTC medications??

The ONLY actual death caused by Marijuana occured when a very unfortunate man was crushed by several tons of falling herb.

well, actually we had a post here a couple of months ago where a spanish man ate 500 g or so of hash and died...

try eating 500 g of soil and live...

eat 3 g of paracetamol and die...

maybe cannabis lobbyists around the world should just purchase their politicians like all other businesses do. it's time for the true believers to cough up and support their elected representatives.

The practice of hanging people with hemp ropes is certainly an ancient one. I believe it would be very difficult to estimate the number of people killed with the help of cannabis.

Dodgy geezers likely to be executed were called crackhemps in Olde Englande.

glad i'm not alone---gomaos- nothing in english could be worse than "the sun"--i did my bit at Wapping :mad:

http://www.geocities.com/londonriots/wapping.html

i believe napoleans disasterous invasion ov russia was due to their supplying the english w/hemp/canabis used to make the canvas & rope used on the sails ov the warships that kept the english "in contention".

so, yeah.. i agree w/theo.

gomaos- nothing in english could be worse than "the sun"--

in english, perhaps...

same as in german there's nothing worse but "Bild-Zeitung"...

my father "read" it...

everybody seemed to "read" it...

I can explain it like this:

After WWII the nazi-hitler- brainwashing machine was smashed up by the allies and left a gaping hole...

Newspaper-"tsar" Axel Springer realized this and came up with the "Bild-Zeitung" in the fifties, I think...

Basically the line driven by the "Bild-Zeitung" was very similar to the nazis:

Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice, against everyone who dared to be a little different or couldn't help it...

always on the side of the right-wing parties, against labor-movements,

while at the same time they try to appear to be "on the side of the small man" (mind you, your brain has to be pretty "small" to buy and "read' this paper... nevertheless millions did and still do...

at the work place the line of the the bild-zeitung was the official truth... if you dared to speak out against it, you were already an outcast...

once, during my apprenticeship, I sat on fire one of these idiot-papers while it was being read by a young tradesman...

he smacked me in the face for it...

but I'm still proud of that to this day...

it's all just about brainwashing and nothing else:

as long as you keep the majority of people stupid and right-winged, evil politicians can have a ball and do what they like.

See America.

quote:

Basically the line driven by the "Bild-Zeitung" was very similar to the nazis:

Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice, against everyone who dared to be a little different or couldn't help it...

always on the side of the right-wing parties, against labor-movements,

while at the same time they try to appear to be "on the side of the small man" (mind you, your brain has to be pretty "small" to buy and "read' this paper... nevertheless millions did and still do.

---you could be talking about the sun & it would be just as true, sadly.

have you ever read Wilheim Reich's "Listen, Little Man"?---also pretty sad but fairly truthful.

a good thing to do is to encourage high profile people (from musicians to professors) who know whats true - to

join in and talk t r u t h in public on these matters.

who is going to hear it if it remains in this forum only...

have you ever read Wilheim Reich's "Listen, Little Man"?---

the only thing of reich I ever read (when I was 16) "the function of the orgasm" which was also rather sad really...

wouldn't mind reading the above mentioned book, but it may be hard to find...