The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Aussie hip-hop

that was a silly thing too say, clearly people have heard of muph and plutonic, I disagree that the aussie hip hop scene has got heaps better over the last two years, it was always good, its just people have become more open towards and made aware that it is actually out there. I was listening to hilltop hoods while smoking bongs and playing tony hawk 1 on the Playstation (1) constantly about 5 or 6 years ago. Back then they were quite underground, it is probably only in the last two years that it has had radio play and there are a lot more aussie hip hop artists breaking through into the comercial scene.

Aussie is my favourite hip hop.

yeah hilltop first strted getting written on pencil cases about 2000 or so :D (if your band has their name written on a pencil case somewhere you have made it)

there used to be an awesome hiphop show in adelaide on fresh fm called "hedfone therapy".

got me into all types of hiphop including australian.

hiphop these days from the states doesnt grab me as much as the 90s stuff.

commercial hiphop has hit all time lows.

thats why im pretty proud of the australian hiphop scene. its fresh, there is a pressure on everyone in it to keep it real and most of the time its fun.

that said i have heard some really really shit stuff - when anything turns popular you get tossers trying to capitalsie on the fad.

Not usually a hip-hop fan, but the Herd (from Sydney)are great, especially live.

Two Up are also amusing, if not as clever or politically concious.

I would have thought most of you psychelic characters would be more into the progressive rock (pink floyd etc) type music than hip-hop. Doesn't bother me i'm just a bit suprised

thought I'd mention from the marineparade label "dead souls" < loved that track!!!!!!

am also a fan of EVIL NINE