The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
infinite_monkey

curare

i may have asked about this before but i have rediscoved my interest in these after a lecture on them and similar things in my neuroscience class,

so here they are

Chondrodendron tomentosum

Strychnos toxifera

so if any body has any or knows were some are hanging out let me know i will be most appreciative

saw an ozzy native called strychnine plant the other day.do you know anything about it?

t s t .

Strychnos nux vomica is the one i think you may be talking about, have tried to find it, i know its out there but no luck as yet. It was at this native nursery once but they stopped propagating it cause people didt want it and thats were the trail ended. Thats the strychnine plant i want most

I've got Strychnos axillaris growing in qld. this is a qld native. not sure of alkaloid profile compared to nux-vomica but from memory, the leaves taste very bitter (good sign).

I've tried to strike cuttings before without any success. Maybe i just need the right method. I'd be open to trade if i could strike some. Still haven't got seeds yet. Its about 5 ft tall atm. Looks a lot like a Carissa sp.

that would be brillant if you could, finding anything of the strychnos variety is hard, it appears the general public doesnt like poisonous stuff just cottage garden plants