The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sasha

Failed Graft?

Hello forum, first time on here!

I have a question about a graft I made of a loph onto a pachanoi about 2-3 months ago. I connected the rings like the olympic rings, and the cacti are stuck together fast by now. However, the pachanoi has started sprouting a pup from the top aerole. Is the sprouting of pups an indication that the graft has not infact connected the cores of the cacti, or is all still well for the happy couple? I'm gonna have to cut the branch off anyway because it is looking like its gonna shove the loph off.

Thanks for any help you can give.

hi sasha...is your lopho skin soft to touch or is it nice and tight ..if its tight your lopho has probably attached after this much time ..its not uncommon for a lopho to seem attached only to push out roots at the graft point .

cut off the new growth it will only slow down your graft..

:cool:

its a bit soft to the touch I'm afraid. Well, if it pushes off with its own roots, don't have much choice but to return it to the soil from where it came. It was my first graft, so I'll probably have to try again with another loph on another day, hopefully then it'll go better.

Cheers for your help.