The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mothershabooboo

White growth on pedro

Hey, posted this over at EBA but got no replies so I'm trying it in here.

I've got some strange growth happening on 2 of my pedros. They're white dots varying in size. Some sort of fungus maybe.

white_thing_on_pedro001.jpg

You can see one of them there, thats the biggest one, the others are just like little spots. What should I do about them? Is it something I should be worried about?

Also this morning I found a tiny green insect about the size of "," <-- that comma. I've never seen bugs on my cacti before. Is this something that needs to be taken care of?

not really sure what I am supposed to be looking at???

are the dots hard and on the outside of the skin (can they be scraped off)? or are the white blotches under the skin?

Well that white thing that you are looking at in that pic I did scrape off with some effort. Its like a scab on the cactus. I picked it and now theres a wound that's busy healing.

Guest electro

they are pretty normal .. i think they are a scab... a bug or something damages them & when they are healing they make those white dots ..,

i once thought they were scale & picked them off madly, but they dont seme to pick off easily enough and i now believe that i opened the cactii up to infection by ripping off all their scabs lol ...

the cactii never seems to phased by them though...

i've got the same white spots on my oldest Pachanoi and it doesn't seem to bother it.

yep, if THAT'S the white 'dot' then it's just a scab. removing it will just cause a fresh scab to form