The Corroboree
alien

Is peyote legal totally in Oz?

I was wondering. Say I grew like 50 peyotes and harvested them all in one years time, could one feel the effects from them? I mean I know it takes ages to grow but surely if you had heaps of little ones you could achieve the same effects, right?

Thanks smile.gif

These cacti mature with age. You might receive a gift from that many cacti but whats the rush? Why not let them grow, flower then collect the seed, plant, then harvest your bounty. You will surely experience what you are looking for then. I suggest that you purchase a more vigrous species, T. pachanoi springs to mind, for quicker results. Another option would be to trade your seedlings, on the trade forum, for more mature specimens or other plants that you may be looking for to add to your collection.

A little bit of time and respect for this powerful allie goes a long long way. Be patient.

worimi

Guest reville

Just remember that Peyote is ilegal in a dried and prepared form but a legal plant in its living state.

My info is based on a court case that occurred in Vic many years ago where the defendentwas found guilty of possessing mescaline in the form of a dried brown substance(buttons) ..

found it ages ago while trying to determine the legality or illegality of peyote.

Whilst you could overcome the overall low potency of young ones by eating a lot of them, don't forget that from a biochemical point of view the effects of peyote come from a complex collection of alkaloids, and one would imagine their relative abundances (ie the balance between them and hence the overall effect) would also vary with age. From a spiritual point of view many people say it is age which allows them to acquire such power -- see e.g. the excerpt from Sacred Cacti I typed into a thread in this forum a few days ago.

If you want to just feel something approximating peyote in a hurry, Trichocereus is the way to go.

Legally, as the others have said and in general with psychoactive plants in this country as in the US, generally "intent to manufacture a controlled substance", ie preparing them for ingestion, is something they can get you for, but not mere possession per se. Except for pot, poppies and coca which are explicitely scheduled in plant form. (bastards)

ok cool thanks heaps for the info everyone smile.gif

I think ill just grow a few just for ornimental reasons and wait until im older to use them smile.gif

San Pedro will have to do smile.gif)

Guest MICHAEL

while we are on the subject of San Pedro, how long does it usually take to grow from seed to a size big enough to eat?

Guest Ramon

I agree in letting the Loph's grow and use San Pedro of Trichocereus bridgesii (Penis Plant ). At the very least if you can not wait. Makes sure that the plants are at least old enought to form new heads. ( I don't know how big this has to be ).

In regards to the San Pedro don't know how long to grow from seedling but a established one can grow up to half a meter a year.

It is my view that these plants do get stronger over time but I have seen some reports of people using young ( Less then 3 years ) old pups not seedslings with good effect.

I once bought a Penis plant which was reasonably big compared to the one's generally on sale and had positive results whereas I have had very little results from almost twice the amount but harvested froma few plants and all the growth was probably less then six months old.

I would just like to add that I have a very vivid imagination and that I am unable to differentiate between reality and my imagination so the above experience is probably imaginary

[This message has been edited by Ramon (edited 27 October 2000).]