The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest reville

seed viability

Guest reville

Id just like to say that im impressed by the vitality of the ephedra seed (nevadensis) and that the saguaro is coming up fine.

I was wondering how sure you are of the identity of those T peruvianus?

Because unless i mislabelled them they look nothing like the normal trichocereus ive grown.

The other peruvianus looks just like the terscheckii - short plump and green with two horns. These ones are tall reddish cylinders

quite slim.I guess only time will tell.

I'd just like to say that im impressed by the vitality of the ephedra seed (nevadensis)

I was impressed too. Customers always forget that I take quite a gamble with the seed I order, as even the most reliable companies sell ageing seed. I am always happy when I get sent a really good batch like this one.

I was wondering how sure you are of the identity of those T peruvianus?

I have not germinated any of these myself, as I already have several peruvianus strains. The seed is from one of the most reliable and most respected cactus seed dealers in the world. He keeps immaculate records of over 4000 cactus and succulent seeds and supplies many of the large cactus seed dealers. I always use his seed as a reference if I am unsure about one of my strains/species. Surely, mistakes can happen, but are less likely with a pedantic person like this guy ;-)

I will grow some out of curiosity.

The other peruvianus looks just like the terscheckii - short plump and green with two horns. These ones are tall reddish cylinders

quite slim.

I would expect them to be more like the pachanoi, ie stretched tall.