Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

seeds

Hi. Have some seeds to trade:

Leonotis Leonurus

Leonotis Leonurus- White form

Isotoma Petraea

Duboisia Hopwoodii

Has anyone ever grown out the seed from a white plant? does it produce white flowering plants?

My plants are still too young to flower, but I hope to be able to answer this next season if no one else has done it.

Does anyone have the pink one?

Where is the Duboisia seed from?? most likely it would be the toxic variety. have you germinated any? Nindethana used to sell it (from a single collection), but their seed was dead even in the first year. Much of this is still floating around.... including at my place.

Torsten:

Where is the Duboisia seed from?? most likely it would be the toxic variety. have you germinated any? Nindethana used to sell it (from a single collection), but their seed was dead even in the first year. Much of this is still floating around.... including at my place.

Toxic variety? What do you mean by that?

Nindethana still have this listed in their catalogue, would you say Torsten, that these are old stock and of zero viability? I was thinking of placing an order. :confused:

Only Duboisia hopwoodii from a small area north of Lake Eyre catchment is high in nicotine. The plants from other locations are high in the toxic nor-nicotine. Hence the trade of pituri was done over thousands of miles even though plenty of Duboisia hopwoodii was growing in the areas doing the buying.

I talked to Nindethana last year and they said they still hade plenty of seed and it was all from a single collection (a batch I had already bought some from). I tried everything and did not manage to germinate ANY (not even a radicle protruding). I am convinced they are unviable. And in any case, they were collected in WA.

Thanks for the Duboisia info Torsten. I wasn't aware of that difference.

"Ya learn a new thing everyday"

:)