The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WarpedAstro

FREE TRICH. SEEDS!!!

Guest Botanist
Originally posted by Botanist:

Hey WarpedAstro

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Im not interested in buying seeds this time   smile.gif

I wanted to ask, what is your fathers surname, if he hasn't changed it after leaving Finland. ??

See ya

Tero

P.S. Im yet some what interested, that liked to know, what alcaloids does the cacti you are selling, possess ?

Hey Finnish Botantist the infor you wanted:

Tich. Pachanoi:

Contains: mescaline (0.11 - 2.3%), 3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenethylamine, 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine, anhalonidine, anhalinine, hordenine, tyramine, 3-methoxytyramine.

Trich. Peruvanius:

Contains: mescaline (0.82%), 2-chloromescaline (.02%), tyramine (.009%), 3-methoxytyramine (.01%), 3-4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 4-hydroxy-3-5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (.004%).

Tric. Spachianus:

Contains: hordenine, N-methyltyramine (.007%), candicine (.01%), mescaline, tyramine.

The information was copied from this website:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/~visionarycacti/

hope helps wink.gif

Guest reville

Thanks WA.

I havent been back to check my PO box but yes crushed seeds are very common.

I always use Bubblewrap to wrap sensitive seed these days.

Never mind. i appreciate the gesture.

and good news is that trich flowering season is starting!!! not for me though - the buggers wont flower in perth.

Did you know that these cacti also produce an edible fruit that is said to be quite nice. Sweeter than opuntia one person said.

where do the trichs flower Rev? what weather conditions?

Speaking of Edible cacti fruits, we have a local cactus here that has super sweet fruits, the taste is real fruity.

if you wish to obtain some seeds email me. I have been trying to email you for a while too! [email protected]

Guest Botanist

Ok, maybe later on... wink.gif heh..

Well I should had known smile.gif - But I didn't.

Thank you, Im much obliged.

No I started to get interested...you wouldn't have any left, would you ? By the way, are you a laborant or chemist, or is the most of people here ? I just ask because I am. The chemical formulas and names just brought up that idea..

By the way, Im right now working on a 44 paged book, that has nearly everything about plants whatsoever. But I'll have to translate it, because it's in finnish.. frown.gif But really interesting. I thought I might still ask a permission from the publisher, if I manage to contact him. Would you be interested getting yourself a copy of that book ? TXT.-file, off course.

Thanks again

Tero

Aach..almost forgot..do you have experience on how long is the germination time of Lophophora williamsii ? I'd be much obliged with that info too..

See ya !

And, as you say (at least C.dundee says) No worries, mate !

smile.gif

Guest reville
Originally posted by brian:

where do the trichs flower Rev? what weather conditions?

well Australia is a big place as you know.

Climate wise theres a distinct difference between north and south, east and west.

My home in the South west is meditteranean, with cool wet winters and Hot dry summers,we might get 20mm in summer if we are lucky, This pattern extends across to the middle south and part of the south east.

Then its changes and you get cooler and wetter , with rain across the whole year but still with a concentartion in the winter.

Moving north you get wetter summers and drier winters. Along the east coast you get patches of rainforest up and down the length of it.

In the north moving west theres alot of water but it gets into the wet/dry tropics - a lot of water all at once and then dry all winter.

this climate stretches right across to the west coast.

Inland gets fallout rainfall - whateveres left over moving north or south.

Trichocereus seem to be triggerred by the dry winters and warm temperatures. As we get wet winters in perth and not that cold they just keep on growing and never take that rest they seem to need before flowering.

Your climate should be perfect.

Hows those boabs going?

[email protected]

PLEASE KINDLY STOP EMAILING ME I HAVE GOT NO SEEDS LEFT....MANY THANKS GUYS...I WILL MAKE A NEW POSTING WHEN I GET SOME MORE.

THANKS FOR STOP EMAILING ME .......

CHEERS WARPED biggrin.gif

Guest reville

What have you unleashed WA ! wink.gif

seriously peope if you want excellent quality trich seed at cheap prices go to SAB.

Theyre the best at sourcing fresh seed as we have seen

I dnt know if EA is stil running

For cuttings try the greenhouse over at Earthpod

and for bulk there is still arizona cactus gdn.