The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mesq

Earth Freq: Music and Landcare Forest gathering

earthfreq_flyer.jpg

::Earth Frequence:: music and landcare forest gathering 21-23 October

The intention of this gathering is to create a space where the community can consolidate and unify on the central themes of landcare, earth reconnection and information exchange and celebrate with a lush night and day of music in a newly created forest space. This is the first of two special gigs planned for the 05/06 season with the specific aim of collaboration between the south east queensland and north new south wales tribes.

The gathering begins friday evening, so if you want to be part of the landcare and workshops on saturday, we invite you to come chill with us at this early stage. From 9am saturday there will be landcare workshops, mainly clearing weeds from the site and preparing some areas for a tree plant in the next few months. There will be some talks and workshops in the afternoon. Music starts at sundown with an organic opening ceremony and will run through the night and into sunday, featuring some of the best selectors from s.e.qld, nnsw and some special visitors too, plus a full visual overload to light up your night. Sunday afternoon we will have a variety of picnic games and on Sunday night there will be an unplugged wind down, so please bring your instruments. Lush food and hot drinks available from Funguise Cafe. Dancing massage by Crystal Lady.

Community vibes provided by you

Preasure waves: Crisp Mackie sound by sillypsybin and cy productions.

Sound waves:

Player 1 (OPEN Productions-Cairns),

Dr. Zaius (Melbourne),

Re-psycle vs Mesq (Gi'iwa Productions-Lismore/Brisbane),

Launchpad vs Tiff-on,

Octon (Nutcase Productions),

UpSyndrome (Happy People Oz/Alkaloid-Mullumbimby),

Polka (Polka Productions-Mullumbimby),

Paul Abad (Subterran-Sunshine Coast),

Ganshka (Ganshka Rec-Sweden),

Sam-I-Am (Dada Stream-Brisbane),

CY vs Chaotic Eternal,

Marz (Brazil),

T-Learyus (BayFM-ByronBay),

Alter Natives (Ganshka Rec-Bellingen),

Space Lark (Ganshka Rec-Mexico),

B@che (Solar Cult-ByronBay),

Pop (Solar Cult-ByronBay),

Blue Magnetic Monkey (Solar Cult-ByronBay),

B9 (Ganshka Rec-Bellingen),

Fractal Sun (Ganshka Rec-Sweden),

The Gnomes,

Simulcast,

Spiral,

1200/75

Light waves:

Traveling Kaleidoscope Bonanza

Enchanted Forest

Happy People Productions

The Gnomes

Solar Cult

Ecodigitography

MRC

Ganshka

Simulcast

Games:

Three-leg races

Potato sack jumping

Horseshoes

Pomelo rolling

Lectures:

Biogeography

Australian native foods and medicines

Spiritual Medicine

Workshops:

Drumming

Leather

Fire twirling

Entry is $10 for those who arrive by 10am on saturday and help with the landcare workshops, or $20 for party-goers ariving later. The event is non-profit – proceeds from this event are going towards improving the community space, and $1 from each entry will be donated to the wilderness society.

Location and directions will be announced a week before the event and posted online.

[ 03. October 2005, 11:41: Message edited by: mesq ]

are we close enuff to the date to reveal the location? Im hoping its not too far from me :P

After three months travelling the world we arrived back in Oz on friday from Tokyo, and what a fckn fantastic way to break back into life here going to this awesome doof on Saturday!!! :D

Mesq - - - YOU ROCK. wanna dance to a lot more of your sets this summer! :) :D :):excl:

and Salviador - that Bundaberg rum SAVED MY MORNING! :worship: allowed me to dance to Reece's set (which was awesome and you really missed out there! :P ) without collapsing.

oh and btw the name of the markets where my mum sells the fire sticks is Chandler markets... not an intentional plug! i just don't have your email addy...

Here's some photos for those of you not members of oztrance:

ef1.jpg

ef2.jpg

ef3.jpg

ef5.jpg

ef4.jpg

ef8.jpg

ef7.jpg

yum! am SO glad to be back in Australia.. after being in eight different countries i have a whole new appreciation for this country... don't let the new anti terro laws get you down guys, we're still living in an oasis.

I'm glad it served you well, however i cannot let this board think that I drink bundaberg rum, when in fact it was WOODSTOCK bourbon aka Woodies. Theyre my bread and butter and taste better than all the others combined (that was a plug for woodstock) :P

Thanks! ill be sure to check it out

What a fun doof, such a beautiful scenario, i hear the new area that is being built will be even nicer!!!!!!! wow i find that hard to believe, but can't wait to go!!!

Finally i must agree with Being, mesq having heard your first set and now this one, you have improved heaps, this set was the awesomest ive ever heard!!!!!! :lol:

I'm glad it served you well, however i cannot let this board think that I drink bundaberg rum, when in fact it was WOODSTOCK bourbon aka Woodies. Theyre my bread and butter and taste better than all the others combined (that was a plug for woodstock) :P

Thanks! ill be sure to check it out

What a fun doof, such a beautiful scenario, i hear the new area that is being built will be even nicer!!!!!!! wow i find that hard to believe, but can't wait to go!!!

Finally i must agree with Being, mesq having heard your first set and now this one, you have improved heaps, this set was the awesomest ive ever heard!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks natasha and brenton for your beautiful words and awesome pics... it was a really good event and everyone from SEqld/NNSW should try and make it to these events cos they rock out!!

Here is a pic from the dancefloor as I am about to start playing at 6:45am

nice_morning_1.jpg