The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
squidgygoanna

Humidity problems in my greenhouse

Hey guys,

I recently constructed a 12 x 8ft greenhouse with the intention of moving my tropical ethno collection into it.

However now that it's ready to be filled, I'm having trouble with humidity levels. It feels really humid in there, but my hygrometer is only reading 10%

I've added a couple of buckets of water thinking that evaporation might increase humidity levels, but no luck.

I've also added a 5 nozzle misting system that was running for a minute every hour, this didn't seem to help either.

I know that plants help increase humidity, but I really don't want to move my plants from my smaller greenhouse into my new one incase they don't survive. I've spent years collecting these plants and don't want to lose them. Maybe my hygrometer is incorrect? I don't have another one I can test

Temps around here have been mid 30's, but it's cooled off quite a bit this week. Will be adding some retractable shade cloth to the roof incase the sun gets too intense again.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Bonus pic of new GH

Snapchat-105482668.jpg

Snapchat-105482668.thumb.jpg.fef131b05aa49c3f58b864cfb1fecfc3.jpg

Snapchat-105482668.thumb.jpg.fef131b05aa49c3f58b864cfb1fecfc3.jpg

Edited by squidgygoanna

10% sounds rather low and supposedly can be uncomfortable, so if you say it feels humid in there i'm gonna bet on your meter not working properly

It was rather hot the day I measured it so my hygrometer may have been playing up, maybe the heat caused issues with the unit. Will try and borrow another hygrometer off a friend and measure it again.

You can get little solar fans i got one cheap one but i scored one meant for a yacht works great 15 watt fan moves the air nicely