The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
infinite_monkey

people traveling between bris and byron

was wondering if anybody happens to travel between byron and brisbane a bit or will be during the uni holidays coming up in about 3 weeks time, and possibly not mind giving myself and my other half a lift down, or back up or even both.

can and will contribute to petrol and conversation.

taking the girl camping, she doesnt get out in the world much and wants to go to byron for a couple of days, and trek in the wilderness. We are both poor students and dont have a car so usually makes such adventures difficult.

So would be much appreciated, try and also make it up to the person with seeds or plants in the future if intersted.

I often have to run up to do shopping and im waiting on pressure cooker to arrive now in about 3 wks

Its a posibility, not remote but not decided

if i am to come up and i can make it a useful time i will try. It would be for ethe trip down

cant guarantee il need to go back when u do. PM me

o/wise theres a cool service that shuttles between Roma st and Byron for $ twenty something one way

sure its still $ but the best thing is its a direct journey no farting about like the coaches.

I use it when i catch planes from Brisbane as its got to be at least $40 in fuel for a round trip plus wear n tear

actully if some one knows of any good places to camp that is out of the center of byron but stillable to walk there would love to here suggestions

you mean camping grounds, or wilderness? I don't think there is any wild camping anywhere around byron.

For campgrounds, there is a choice of 5.

2 are on the outskirts west of Byron. It's a decent walk along the main road, or you can do about half of it along the beach.

1 is on the southern entrance to byron and this is also a fair hike, but less traffic and a nicer walk. It's also close to the beach - the southern beaches, not the bay beach.

1 is right in town near main beach.

And then there is the artsfactory/piggery complex. This is a really funky place to stay with choice of camping, hostel style etc. It's a nice walk through the byron backstreets.

Hey, we're heading down to mullimbimby tomorrow afternoon, returning on sunday. Not quite to byron, but there's better camping it seems. So, want a lift?

Email sent with contact numbers.

[ 30. September 2004, 11:22: Message edited by: jetblack ]